Heads up (Literally) Meteor shower tonight

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And try to get somewhere without light pollution. The Perseids have been active for the past few nights. Not seen anything myself though - but then not tried hard enough:eek: . Tonight is supposed to be the best until 2015 due to the moon cycle.

Will take a trip to the sticks tonight if the skies are clear. Best time is supposed to be between 12.00 and 2.00am I think.

Unfortunately it looks like it is going to be overcast, but we regularly wave to the space station as it goes by. :)

John

Do they wave back ? ;)

I got one and sold it for $700. I was the size of a popped piece of corn.

That's great, quite a find and on a sandy beach I imagine.

Here's the sort of beach I usually end up on! I won't get my hopes up of finding anything.
Mz_beach180701.jpg

Beware of the Triffids!

And try to get somewhere without light pollution. The Perseids have been active for the past few nights. Not seen anything myself though - but then not tried hard enough:eek: . Tonight is supposed to be the best until 2015 due to the moon cycle.

Apparently 12 miles outside Boston is the only place in the Uk without light pollution, althoug of course other locations may fair well.

Will take a trip to the sticks tonight if the skies are clear. Best time is supposed to be between 12.00 and 2.00am I think.

So what will you be doing out in the sticks between 12:00 and 2;00am pammy?;)

Last edited:
:p :p

The sky is beautifully clear here atm - so about 11.00 we're all heading off out to have a squizz :D

Anyone else going out to have a looksee?
:eek: :eek: :( Thick cloud down yur :(

Enjoy yourselves.

Regards
John

Clear skies here :D

Nothing seen yet :(

I've just been informed that this year instead of a shower there's going to be a Bl**dy great big one. One wonders where it might land;)

Still covered in the midlands :(
Not a star in the cloud

We Went
We Saw
We Came Home

Was amazing. All over the northern sky. Few quite big ones. One right in the line of the windscreen as I was driving home:eek:

Well worth the little excursion. The kid's loved it. Just a shame I have work in the morning or we would have made a night of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom