Heads Up - Pink Floyd

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
'heads up': is this on the banned list of sayings? ;-)

BBC1, Friday 15 December, 11:35pm : Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon. "A rare chance to see a film of the Floyd's performance of their monster album, recorded at Earl's Court in 1994 during the Division Bell tour."

:cool:

my word. I have that on DVD.

well worth watching for those who have not seen it.

scumbag said:
my word. I have that on DVD.

well worth watching for those who have not seen it.
Programmed into Sky+ :)

John

Thanks - had missed this in my usual Sunday highlighting of the TV magazine!

Just seen this thread ......

Coincidentally I have been watching the Pulse DVD this afternoon before i noticed it .... :eek:

It just reinforces the fact that Gilmour is the greatest guitarist in the world ...

To play solos like those live , and more or less note perfect to the album is just unreal ( and on the occasions where he deviates from the album slightly, it only enhances it )

Floyd :rock:

You've got to laugh; what arrived in the post this morning from those cads at amazon?

The Pink Floyd Pulse DVD :D

Andrew , get your sorry a$$ over to Disc 2 track 21 , set it to 640 kbps and turn it up ....;)

Plonk yourself in your sofa and feel yourself tingle ......

:rock:

EDIT :- I'm sure you don't really have a sorry a$$ ...... :eek:

Howard said:
Andrew , get your sorry a$$ over to Disc 2 track 21 , set it to 640 kbps and turn it up ....;)

I cant remember if I am comfortable numb or whether I should run like hell, whatever it is, I dont wish I was there, coz I was! Well Paris '94 as it happens!

Howard said:

Plonk yourself in your sofa and feel yourself tingle ......

:rock:
:D will be doing just that in the morning Howard ... have the Pulse CD, so know how much it rocks. Quite possibly the finest track ever, and IMHO the finest solo ever :cool:

scumbag, not in the least bit jealous, honestly ;)

If anyone gets the chance to see the Aussie Pink Floyd, then go.

I saw them at De Montfort Hall earlier this year, and they did the entire DSOTM suite - bloody amazing.

scumbag said:
I cant remember if I am comfortable numb or whether I should run like hell, whatever it is, I dont wish I was there, coz I was! Well Paris '94 as it happens!

I was at Earls Court '94 :rock:

I saw them in 1988 on the Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour.

thanks for the reminder

Flyer said:

BBC1, Friday 15 December, 11:35pm : Pink Floyd - The Dark Side Of The Moon. "A rare chance to see a film of the Floyd's performance of their monster album, recorded at Earl's Court in 1994 during the Division Bell tour."

I too was at that Tour at Earls Court - immense... espesh when that GIANT DISCO Ball opened up!!! :bannana:

I was one of the truck drivers/follow spot operators on that tour. The show was just immense, night after night. Every time we did two nights at a venue (like at Chantilly, Paris), they played the whole of Dark Side of the Moon on one of the nights, complete with bomber plane crashing into the stage. I'd seen the original show at Knebworth in '75 as a punter, and the '94 version was even better. The mix position tower on the outdoor shows that housed the sound, lighting, and laser control, (plus The Biggest Mirrorball In The World), was so big that we had a nightclub for band and crew built into it (called, for some unknown reason, The Donkey's Knob) complete with bar and stage, where we would jam with the band and chill out after the first gig of a run. Happy days!

thanks for the reminder

Flyer said:

I too was at that Tour a Earls Court - immense... espesh when that GIANT DISCO Ball opened up!!! :bannana:

Dave Lewis said:
I. Every time we did two nights at a venue (like at Chantilly, Paris), !

thats the place. Horse racing circuit i think it was. 78,000 people. Very impressive. Paris had gone on holiday as it was the summer break, 1st weekend in august. I think they went off stage at 1am or there abouts.

Thst was on my marriage saving tour. We did the Brit GP followed by 2 weeks in Venice and the weekend in Paris culminating in that show. all 1 after the other. Who says I am not romantic?

Anyway, divorce started in November that year! I have been happy ever since.:)

Anyone see this? I was in London at the weekend and missed it. Was it the same as on the Pulse DVD (still not had the time to sit and watch :rolleyes: )?

Dave Lewis said:
The mix position tower on the outdoor shows that housed the sound, lighting, and laser control, (plus The Biggest Mirrorball In The World), was so big that we had a nightclub for band and crew built into it (called, for some unknown reason, The Donkey's Knob) complete with bar and stage, where we would jam with the band and chill out after the first gig of a run. Happy days!

Wow! Bet you have some stories to tell :devil: :D "I'm with the band..." :cool:

Howard said:
I was at Earls Court '94 :rock:

Me too. Best show i've ever ever seen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom