Heard on the radio about organ donor.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
Didn't they changed the regulation recently, they will use your organs by default?

I can see registration for organ donor, what about withdrawal, what do I do? :crazy:

Why would you want to deny someone else a chance for life ?

When you kark it , your organs won't be any use to you any more , why not give someone else a chance ?

Didn't they changed the regulation recently, they will use your organs by default?

I can see registration for organ donor, what about withdrawal, what do I do? :crazy:

There is a proposal (just a proposal at this stage) that instead of opting in for donation, those who object on whatever grounds have to opt out. This would provide a huge increase in the available organs for donation.

There is an argument that goes like this;

'If when you pass away there IS an afterlife or another existence, if you have donated your organs you may well find that you are lacking some vital parts in the said afterlife'. Now, just suppose you donate your liver. There will be no drinking alcohol in the next life! Your eyes? Fancy being blind in the afterlife? We just dont know whats out there after we pass away. Want to take the chance?

I am not advocating donation or not, just putting a point of view that was once told to me.

What happens when people are cremated.? Not much left for the afterlife then.

Alfie. I understand your comment isn't your own view, I'm just replying with an alternate senario.

They can have everything from me...probably won't be much good though..

You go ahead, they will start cutting you up before you are dead. :D

'If when you pass away there IS an afterlife or another existence, if you have donated your organs you may well find that you are lacking some vital parts in the said afterlife'. Now, just suppose you donate your liver. There will be no drinking alcohol in the next life! Your eyes? Fancy being blind in the afterlife? We just dont know whats out there after we pass away. Want to take the chance? .

But if there is an afterlife , and hence there is a God, would He not see what a selfless act you have performed by helping others and maybe , just maybe furnishing you with a new set when you reach the pearly gates ?

Ooooh, this is getting deep for 8.54am :crazy:

Let's just hope they don't transplant Dragon's brain to some poor bugger, eh? ;)

Absolutely PMSL Guido! bits of toast almost flying over the keyboard (turned and sprayed them over the carpet instead:eek: )

I guessed you hug on this website all day and never watch TV programs like Horizon. :D

Very nice of you to give your organs away even your heart is still beating. :eek:

I don't think he was thinking of HIS heart..

Last edited:
But if there is an afterlife , and hence there is a God

well, if we're gonna get philosophical. just because they may be an afterlife is no proof of the existence of god. and even if there is a god, it may not be the one you expect.

you selfless act may not be appreciated at all...

and even if there is an afterlife, there is a god and it's the one you read about in the bible, who says you're going to his side of the fence...? ;)

dave

There is no such things as gods, just spirits, we will be one when we died.

It all to do with what you been taught and what you believe. :D

No God, or afterlife, or liver, or alcohol.... :confused:

Go easy

you'll be saying that Santa Claus doesn't exist next...

Ade :D

No God, or afterlife, or liver, or alcohol.... :confused:

Go easy

you'll be saying that Santa Claus doesn't exist next...

Ade :D

St Nicolaus died a long time ago. It history.

well, if we're gonna get philosophical. just because they may be an afterlife is no proof of the existence of god. and even if there is a god, it may not be the one you expect.

you selfless act may not be appreciated at all...

and even if there is an afterlife, there is a god and it's the one you read about in the bible, who says you're going to his side of the fence...? ;)

dave

Hmmmmm ... something to ponder ....

stroking.jpg

Why would you want to deny someone else a chance for life ?

When you kark it , your organs won't be any use to you any more , why not give someone else a chance ?

There are many valid reasons for objecting to Organ Donation. Just because you might not agree with them doesn't mean that they are wrong. Even though you phrase it in such an emotional way ("deny someone else a chance for life"), you are simply presenting your opinion. Others will disagree with it.

If your only child was dying because of a lack of an organ transplant and then one became available and saved their life, perhaps you might view the situation slightly differently.
Just a thought.

There are many valid reasons for objecting to Organ Donation. Just because you might not agree with them doesn't mean that they are wrong. Even though you phrase it in such an emotional way ("deny someone else a chance for life"), you are simply presenting your opinion. Others will disagree with it.

Didn't say they wouldn't did I ? :confused: that's me , Mr Emotional ...

...............................................................................................................................

They can have everything from me...probably won't be much good though..

Me too. I reckon that pretty much every part of me will be well and truely f?$%ed by the time I die! Liver certainly wont be worth anything ;)

I believe I am the perfect machine for turning cash into urine. I buy nice wine, I drink it, I get rid of it ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom