Heated drivers seat OUCH!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ultrarep

Car
E250 AMG Sport Estate S212
Hi Guys

Can anyone advise if you can swap out the drivers side seat squab for the passenger side or if there is another reasonably simple fix for the drivers side seat heater? It seems to have gone in to melt down mode but only where my right leg is everywhere else is fine and nicely toasty. It just seems to be the drivers seat outer right hand side that is determind to give me a mercedes brand mark!

Any help on swapping the base cusion and heater elements or just elements or whole seat etc would be appreciated. As am currently driving with annoven glove under my right leg!

You can't switch sides as they are different shapes (they are contoured to allow for the seatbelt) and the heater element is integrated into the seat cover. You would need a replacement cover, I just bought a brand new Artico one from MB as my bolster had multiple splits, circa £280.

There is no point in unplugging the seat, you just wouldn't turn the heated seat on in that case.

Just looked at getting heated seats fitted to my CLK, seems it's more trouble than it's worth, don't fancy the leather seats being messed about with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom