Heated Electric Seats

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Shadow81, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Shadow81

Shadow81 Member

Car:
    2007 C220 CDI Elegance (W204)
    I found out yesterday evening that my car does not have leather seats, but actually has vinyl. I found this out after noticing a tiny rip in the fabric and going to an upholsterer for a repair quote.

I enquired about a price to re-upholster everything in leather, and that is waaaay to expensive an option.

So Ive been looking round for leather interiors and have found a few I am interested in. But...

I have fully electrically adjustable seats (not sure if ALL W204s have this?) Do I need seats the "support" this, or is just something the car does?
    I have drivers and passengers memory seats (does this require particular wiring on the actual seats?)
    I have heated front seats - how easy/difficult would it be to take the heater bits out of my seats and fit them to the leather ones if they dont already have them installed (bear in mind I would probably need to pay someone to do this - but what would be involved?)
    Is there anything else I should be looking out for that might be effected by the seats?

Thanks

2. OP
    OP
    Shadow81

Shadow81 Member

Car:
    Ok, slight change of question. I have been told one of the interiors I am looking at IS electric and heated...

All I have to go by is the guys word on this though... how can I actually check this when I go to look at them? Will there be some connections coming out of them?

If so... could someone please tell/show me what I would be looking for?

Thanks

3. OP
    OP
    Shadow81

Shadow81 Member

Car:
    This has become more suited to interiors I think so I have re-posted there. No options to close this thread...