Heated front windscreen fitted by Autoglass?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beaker218

Car
C257 CLS 2019
Can someone advise please.

Autoglass fitted a new front windscreen to my 2012 E250 CDI sport today as the other one had a bit of a crack in it.

When the fitter showed me the new screen I noticed that running along the whole length of the bottom of the screen within the black shaded area was what looked like the same heated orange element that runs along the entire rear windscreen. A plug was also connected to the element.

The fitter rang his office who confirmed that it was a front heated windscreen and that it was still OK to fit. The fitter was told that it was a heating element and would be fine on my car (although I never had it before)

When the fitter fitted the screen he told me that he was able to plug it in to the available socket so I felt quite pleased that I now had a heated front windscreen.

However.... I've check everywhere on the net and I can't see any Mercedes that are sold with a heated front screen so I'm a bit confused now!

Would anyone here happen to know if the element in the screen is to heat it or if it serves a different purpose altogether.

Thanks

May be a daff question but if you never had one before, how do you turn it on?

I'm not aware of any heated front screens on W/S12.

Some MB's had a heated wiper park position...

Only Special Protection vehicles have heated windscreen and front side windows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom