Heated interior mirror?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dichtung

Car
W203 2.2Cdi
My W203 is covered with a 3inch layer of snow at the moment, but today I noticed a 6 inch dia. melted hole in the snow directly above the interior mirror.
Is the interior mirror heated ?, and if so, can it be switched off somewhere. The car is sorned (due to Covid) but I am having to trickle charge the battery once a week.

It's not heated. I find that part of the screen is often quick to de-ice or not iced on my cars too. I just assumed it was down to the fact that there is a wiper sensor etc. there making the area a little thicker and not quite as susceptible to the cold.

I'd check my CLK for you but it is p... persistently raining here as it has been for what feels like a month!

Righty, thanks Blobsta. can`t even get in the car at the mo to take a closer look.

I had a W203, and I don't remember seeing heated rearview mirror on the options list... I don't think the W203 ever had such a thing.

Managed to get in the car today. The heat is from a black `box` stuck to the underside of the windshield, just above the interior mirror. Don`t know what that is. Think that I will let sleeping dogs lie and carry on charging :cool:

Managed to get in the car today. The heat is from a black `box` stuck to the underside of the windshield, just above the interior mirror. Don`t know what that is. Think that I will let sleeping dogs lie and carry on charging :cool:
Is it an aftermarket thing, or does it look like it was factory fitted?

Nah, Looks like factory fitted.. Wondering if it`s long defunkt rain sensor equipment. Hardly on a `classic` spec. ? I`ll try to get a pic. on here.

Light sensor is located there, controlling the headlamp auto function.

Thanks whitenemesis, That will be it. Controls that light switch 1st click business. Must have power there even when the car is locked up.

It might clear up some of those mystery battery drain posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom