Heated rear window

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrisdean

Car
W205 C200 AMG Line Premium
Has anyone ever had a car with every line of the element in the rear window actually working? Top three on mine not working, I expect that there's no cure other than new glass, am I right?

Has anyone ever had a car with every line of the element in the rear window actually working? Top three on mine not working, I expect that there's no cure other than new glass, am I right?

All mine work and have done on every car I've had depends how the elements are embedded into the glass if on the very inside inner layer you can get electro cure paint to bridge the gaps in the element and restore continuity of the circuit

Mine have always worked on the rear. However, had many Fords over the years with heated front screen and a few of those tiny wires sometimes fail.

Ant.

In the picture below, you can see the top 3 lines seem to be on a different circuit to the heating lines below them. I think these 3 lines are the antenna and don’t heat the glass.
That might explain why the top lines are slowest to demist compared to the lines below.

Dec
EtMsi6B.jpg

I think the top 3 lines are the antenna, my W211 has the same thing.

Find the break in the element and repair using conductive silver paint. Don't use the template that comes with the Halfords kit, use black plastic tape for a finer line/repair. Don't use paper masking tape as the silver paint will soak through. I found the Granville kit useless and wasn't even conductive enough. RS components sell a great little bottle of it for about a tenner delivered

Top three are for the antenna

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom