Heated seat w210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N7OGP

Car
Viano 2011
My drivers side heated seat has stopped working. the switch still lights up. under the seat there is 3 or 4 multi plugs, which is the one that goes the heater bit. any ideas?

Normally the one with the fattest wires.

It won't be the yellow connectors as they are airbag/pre-tensioners.

I have found the wire for the heated seat. from the multi plug on the seat does the wires go straight to the element in the seat?.

Rang MB today for the price of a heated seat element, i wished i was sitting down 1st, the element is sewn into the cover and it will cost £359 + vat.

the element is sewn into the cover and it will cost £359 + vat.

Not if its like it's stablemate W208...
Although MB might not sell them as separate items, the heaters in the centre panels of the seat base can be slid in and out of the sewn in sleeves. The heaters in the sides of the base and in the backrest are glued onto the foam moulding, but even they can be carefully peeled off and transplanted from a donor car.

Is the seat cold everywhere - there are 8 (I think) elements in total? The 4 pin plug under the seat has two two-core wires coming from it: one goes into the seat base, the other goes to the seat back. If the whole lot is cold I'd start with a voltmeter on these wires and see if the volts get as far as the base/back.

Last edited:
Thanks for that,
yes the seat is cold all over, i have tested the live wires with pointy thing with a light inside, the lights goes dull when i switch to one light, switch it back to two light it goes bright. i was think about buying a retro fit heater pads and connecting the wires to work off my switch.

Rang MB today for the price of a heated seat element, i wished i was sitting down 1st, the element is sewn into the cover and it will cost £359 + vat.

Not all the pads are sewn in, the 'back' 'bum' and 'lateral' pads are glued to the sponge and IIRC the top of the 'back' and 'thigh-rest-as-I-call-it' are sewn in.

I recently phoned and asked about the cost of those heating panels... luckily i was sat down LOL

I think the seat is going have to be taken
Out and test them. I have never noticed heat from my
Back only my bum.

Called into MB today for a pulley for the alternator, different person on the parts so i asked him if you can buy just the element for the seat, he came back and said inc VAT £121.03 then with my Mercedes Benz Club discount i paid £108.92..amazing the advice you can get from different people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom