heated seats cls63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tonyg1987

Car
CLS63AMG, C63AMG Gone but not forgotten
Hello,

the heated seats on the cls63 is lukewarm at best and isnt hot at all. the lights go on when you press the button and you do feel some heat but it isnt as warm as my old c63 heated seats. is this possible covered under warranty? the car is less than 3 years old although there is only a month left

Hello,

the heated seats on the cls63 is lukewarm at best and isnt hot at all. the lights go on when you press the button and you do feel some heat but it isnt as warm as my old c63 heated seats. is this possible covered under warranty? the car is less than 3 years old although there is only a month left

I don't see why this wouldn't be covered. Get it booked in asap

Hi Tony

The heated seats on my CLS63 are exactly as you describe - lukewarm at best.
Mine only seem to get warm on the upright part of the seat and not the bottom.
Passenger side is identical.
I need to make time to get the car booked in and looked at.

What is the experience of other CLS63 owners with this, maybe they just don't get very warm?

Steve

Hi Steve,

I played about with it tonight and even after 10mins of being fully on. the bottom part of the seat doesnt seem to get hot, specially the part closest to your knees. it just doesnt seem to get hot at all. Also, for some reason like you say its only the side bolsters and lower seat bolsters that get warm. This applies to the passenger side too equally.

Am use to the seats in the c63 where it gets piping hot and you actually have to switch it off. Could it be because the cls63 seats have
cooling seats too and they couldnt accommodate for both sufficiently? it seems to be that there isnt much heat coming from the perforated areas of the seats?

Mine are the same on W212, backs only.
My old 214k miles 08 W211 Seats we’re perfect!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just a thought I wonder whether they are a bit more clever than the old model and it depends where the heater is set. I’ll try it tomorrow on full heat.

Well I don't suppose somebody has kneeled/knelt on your seats,strange that the backs are getting hot but not the seat,the heater elements are not very robust,also heated seats that I have used do not have separate heat controls they have one for both back and bottom of the seat,

Hi Steve,

I played about with it tonight and even after 10mins of being fully on. the bottom part of the seat doesnt seem to get hot, specially the part closest to your knees. it just doesnt seem to get hot at all. Also, for some reason like you say its only the side bolsters and lower seat bolsters that get warm. This applies to the passenger side too equally.

Am use to the seats in the c63 where it gets piping hot and you actually have to switch it off. Could it be because the cls63 seats have
cooling seats too and they couldnt accommodate for both sufficiently? it seems to be that there isnt much heat coming from the perforated areas of the seats?

Mine are the same on W212, backs only.
My old 214k miles 08 W211 Seats we’re perfect!!!

Given that it seems we are getting virtually identical performance from the seats and that Mark is saying his also heat only the backrest it looks as if this is by design.
A little disappointing with winter coming, if not already here!
Just one difference possibly - mine doesn't have a cooling function for the seats.

Steve

Not sure on various Mercedes models, on the Jaguar you could chose seat/back, or both.
On my MB there are three various settings via the switch, but all three heat the seat and backrest. And yes they get very warm on full.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom