heated seats retrofit w201 190E Help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lars-mad

Car
1996 c180 2.0 1995 C180 AMG 1988 190e 2.3 1989 230CE with facelift
heated seats retrofit w201 190E

Have anyone done this modification? i have two heated seats and the wiringharness but where does the 4 wires go? one is brown i think it is earth one is red which i belive go to the fusebox? one is grey with a blue stripe is it instrument light? the last one is black with yellow stripe

in worst case i can take pictures of the harness if needed

Anyone???

Lars

I did retrofit this to my 190, 10 years ago. Was a doddle but I cant remember how now!

I did retrofit this to my 190, 10 years ago. Was a doddle but I cant remember how now!
i think it is pretty straight forward if you know where all the plugs go.It is just 4 of them. it is about 5 years ago i removed it from a donor car but i have forgot all about it

In all fairness I had 2 cars side by side as I changed the interior over...

this mod seems to be a doodle have found out that i need to use the wooden panel around the gear knob the seats harness and panel with the swithches is facelift and the rest of the car is a pre facelift so the old switches does not fit over

Did not get any way with this project... Does anyone know if there is a retrofit wis document on heated seats?
want some kind of wiring diagram so i know where everything goes
one of the problems is that the harness and seats came from a facelift car mine is a pre facelift i do not know if it has anything to say? did not have anything to say when i installed automatic driving lights from the same donor car but dont know if that is the case here..

Form your post, I can't work out if you need the wood surround with heated seat switches for a pre- facelift, or post-facelift. I have both for sale - PM me if you are in need of one or the other.

i have the wood and switches i pulled this off a donor car many years ago just need to wire it up the seats are already in the car..
i have 4 wires which i need to figure out where to wire it to
i have one brown that is obvious ground and goes to the ground terminal behind instrument cluster
i have one that is grey/blue that i thinks goes to the interiour light behind instrument cluster
i have one that is black/yellow that i dont know where to hook up
i have a red one also dont know where to hook up

Got it working... wired the black/yellow to the lower screw at the X 5/1 and the red to one of the two red screws there
the brown to the ground point
the grey/blue to the screw on left side of instrument cluster..

Next project is to get the hazard switch wired up since the connector and switch was different

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom