Heated seats swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DickyRobbo44

Car
CLS 320
Hi all,

I will soon have 2 CLS's sat on my drive, my bought back insurance write off and my new CLS. The new one doesnt have heated seats. Can I swap the seats and switches to install the heated seats fairly easily or it is more difficult than that?

Hi all,

I will soon have 2 CLS's sat on my drive, my bought back insurance write off and my new CLS. The new one doesnt have heated seats. Can I swap the seats and switches to install the heated seats fairly easily or it is more difficult than that?

Harness, switch panel, and seats

Shouldn't be too bad

Will be good to do while you have all the parts

You are entering the black arts of retro fitting,I should wait until Command turns up I am sure they will be able to tell you.

Hi,
Shouldn't be an issue, I think you will need to replace the seats and switch panel and a control unit fitted under the carpet on the floor, I believe it's fitted on one the side of one floors cross brace's.
Just pick out the cables on the donor car taking pics of the exact terminations and where they are, so you can fit the wiring in the same place on the new car.
You almost certainly will need to code the car with STAR to tell it that you have electric seats.

Last edited:
Question is, will it need to be coded using STAR? Or will it just work?

(I have no idea, richard did mine and obviously I got the car back with everything working :thumb: )

Question is, will it need to be coded using STAR? Or will it just work?

(I have no idea, richard did mine and obviously I got the car back with everything working :thumb: )

I don't think it would ? Not 100% sure

My understanding is that the heated seats are operated via CAN B from the upper control panel (in front of the CD Changer) the CAN sends the signal to turn the seats on to the Heated Seat Control unit.
From this unit the power is sent to the selected seat to turn the Seat Heater on.
The Heated Seat Control unit will need to be fitted together with its wiring to each of the Seat Heaters, then wiring to connect it into CAN B, and the front SAM unit.

Will it be hard to access the wiring once the seats are out? Am I going th have to remove dash panels etc on both cars?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom