Heated Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JohnEclass

Car
S6/Q5/C300/S4/W209/W211
My heated seat seems to turn itself on, not all the time maybe once a week on full heat... suddenly realise its getting seriously hot, then spot the 3 lights lit on the heated seat switch... only on drivers side.

Only started happening last 2-3 weeks

Any thoughts?:dk:

Seriously John that sounds strange eh? Got to be worth a phone call to dealer?

Ant.

Do you have Mercedes Me ,( or Connect, whatever it's called) and some strange preset?

Is the passenger seat occupied?

Perhaps a chaffing wire in your seat base?

As suggested, give the dealer a call

Mine started to do that too. I have the 305e.
I think I've tracked it down to the auto-heat function which I've been playing about with recently. So if I set my departure time to 8am with the temperature settings about 20 then the seats seem to come on when I start the car which is fine but a bit overkill I think. I just want the windscreen cleared and a edge taken off the temperature when I get in.

My heated seat seems to turn itself on, not all the time maybe once a week on full heat... suddenly realise its getting seriously hot, then spot the 3 lights lit on the heated seat switch... only on drivers side.

Only started happening last 2-3 weeks

Any thoughts?:dk:

That must be quite annoying .. Good thing is that it is almost winter time so should be ok otherwise in Summer you may had to stop the car and get out..:D

Do you have Mercedes Me ,( or Connect, whatever it's called) and some strange preset?

Is the passenger seat occupied?

Perhaps a chaffing wire in your seat base?

As suggested, give the dealer a call

Yep have Connect me, but no setting that im aware of to set seat heating?

Sounds like a call to my best friends required :rolleyes:

Mine started to do that too. I have the 305e.
I think I've tracked it down to the auto-heat function which I've been playing about with recently. So if I set my departure time to 8am with the temperature settings about 20 then the seats seem to come on when I start the car which is fine but a bit overkill I think. I just want the windscreen cleared and a edge taken off the temperature when I get in.

I don't know of any auto heat function on my car but that might be my ignorance?... how would I determine if I have that feature?

That must be quite annoying .. Good thing is that it is almost winter time so should be ok otherwise in Summer you may had to stop the car and get out..:D

Cant complain about how effective the heated sets are... El Scorchio!... winter or not 3 bars is to bloomin hot!!:crazy:

I don't know of any auto heat function on my car but that might be my ignorance?... how would I determine if I have that feature?

I think Pre Heat is only on the 350e so that the heater doesn't use as much power once you're on the go.

Ant.

I think Pre Heat is only on the 350e so that the heater doesn't use as much power once you're on the go.

Ant.

Cheers Ant.

I'm fairly convinced its an intermittent fault :(

And to add insult to injury... now have a dashboard vibration around instrument binnacle :mad:

Well car went back in Mon / Tue, they gave me a new E class to play with... I like the choice of ambient lighting colours!
They have cured dash rattle... loose trim behind dash... but not the heated seat, said they could not get it do show fault... I collected car this morning, opened door and heated seats came on... went back in, tech came out and.... of course nothing. came on again when I set off tonight. Then Tech rang me.. its a preheat setting can turn it off. So searched every menu and nothing. I'm convinced thats only the C350e as noted by Ant on here!
So looks like another conversation with dealer and a visit so they can show me this sub menu that I cannot find!

Last edited:
Blimey John. Everything's so complicated. I really hope they can direct you to adjust the settings.

Keep us posted mucca.

Ant.

Ok I may have to admit to being stupid! :doh:

Have spent time going thro all the on board menus again, did not find the EL Cell menu the dealer pointed me at, but did find a setting called Pre Entry Climate... it was set to on... so have switched off... I'm guessing that will do the trick.

Will let you know :eek:

:fail Yep its official.... I'm stupid, the heated seat issue is cured, now I've turned the pre entry climate off!

Pity the dealership Tech did not know either! :D

I have to say my car has been a pleasure to drive since the issues were cured, just hope it continues until i'm ready to change again.
After the S4 I really fancy a C43, lets see what the residuals are like in 18 months. Although in the traffic I drive in every day at between 10 & 15mph I actually have the right car now!... still get 40mpg at 10mph :crazy:

Still if I go for a C43 will need to complete the security upgrade and go for laminated glass in the downstairs windows and doors to prevent previous experience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom