Heated seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonyamg

Car
B180
hi everyone ive just recently picked up my b class 180cdi 2012 which has heated seats. Ive turned them on today with the 3 red lights showing on button and have waited till they have all gone out one by one but i get no heat from drivers seat or passenger seat. Are they meant to get really warm. Anyone else had this issue
Thanks

Did you actually sit in the seat?

I think they only work if the seat is actually occupied.

Did you actually sit in the seat?

I think they only work if the seat is actually occupied.
Yes while driving for about an hour. But felt like it had no heat at all.
I own a bmw m3 e46 and the seats get hot when turned on. Which you can notice straight away.
What could it be

hi everyone ive just recently picked up my b class 180cdi 2012 which has heated seats. Ive turned them on today with the 3 red lights showing on button and have waited till they have all gone out one by one but i get no heat from drivers seat or passenger seat. Are they meant to get really warm. Anyone else had this issue
Thanks
On all the Mercs I’ve had (2001 C320, 2009 c320cdi, 2018 a class, 2017 C63) the heated seats have been extremely hot, almost vicious. Yours definitely aren’t working.

I. Thought so i need someone to check them out
On all the Mercs I’ve had (2001 C320, 2009 c320cdi, 2018 a class, 2017 C63) the heated seats have been extremely hot, almost vicious. Yours definitely aren’t working.

My seats take about 5 minutes to heat-up, but by the time the LEDs go down from 3 to 2, it is already noticeably warm.

Definitely get is checked - start with fuses etc.

I. Thought so i need someone to check them out
If you bought it from a dealer , take it back , it’s their responsibility to sort it out. If not post up your location and someone will be able to recommend a good Indy.

is this the same car that has an unknown service history?

are you sure it has heated seats fitted? maybe someone just fitted the switches......

Ive checked under seat and there are some plugs connected to the seat underneath how would i know if it has it.

post your VIN and someone here will check the datacard to confirm what is fitted...

The lights won’t stay on unless they are plugged into elements

The elements are probably knackered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom