heated seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

richardken

Car
clk cabriolet
hi just bought 2008 clk 200k cabriolet, pretty good spec but it does not have heated seats, wiring loom in place to seats how can i tell if seats maybe heated but not connected???

Wires and connector hanging from under the seat?

Are the seats leather?

You would also need switches. I'd be surprised if the heater pads were present just not connected..

Does amaze me that people who originally spec the car didn't tick the option (£350 or so)

Can you see any wires under seat, I think fitting the buttons would also require a new trim part.

It must be possible to do it but not sure on the costs.

Sorry welcome along didn't see it was almost your first post.

Think the heated pads will be cheap enough, but the trim, buttons and the labour would unless you are very handy be quite costly.

thanks for the welcome
how do you take the switches off the console to see if wires are present??

Sorry I don't know someone may be around to tell you soon,

Busier on a work day the forum also....

You could look under the seats for spare wire with connectors or similar on them?

If the switches are anything like the 203 then it's a control module with all option available but not switched (if that makes sense). You will need to fit a completely new switch bank, expensive.

Also the heat pads are part of the leather covers (on the 203) so if you want to keep it OEM you will need new seat covers.

Are you mistaking the seat adjustment loom for the heater?

Either way would have been a lot cheaper to spec it from the factory...

I'm guessing the OP bought the car second hand?

Is that right? or else ticking the option on the order would have been far easier :)

Hi every one
any one know of any post fit heated seat fitters??

Search as someone recently had heated seats fitted to his c class with all the proper switchs but using the carbon heated pads from e-bay.

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom