Heater/AC stuck on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulyTheRed

Hopefully somebody here can help me out. Today my battery died, for the first time. So after spending a lot of time finding someone with jump leads and searching this forum for the "How to open the boot with no power trick", God why did they make it so hard? Surely 1 mechanical lever in the cabin, its a '98 CLK230 by the way, to release the lid wouldnt have been a problem? Anyway back to the problem, when I did get the car started the heater/AC blower(fuse number 26 I think) was blowing on full. Now I hardly ever use it in the first place so when it came straight away and on full I thought it might be the cause of the battery drain. I couldnt turn it off, only down to its lowest and when I did try to turn it off it just went back to on and at full power! In the end I just pulled the fuse out and that made it stop.
My question is, is this a know thing to have happen?
Cheers in advance guys.

Next time you put something valuable to the trunk of your Japanese car and blame their design because it is so easy for thieves to access the trunk...

Are you serious when you say that you hardly ever use the heater/AC blower? Hard to believe that your blower is turned off most of the time.

Sounds like you have the quite common blower regulator issue anyway.

We find in our bodyshop that sometimes when jumpstarting systems get muddled, when this happens we just disconnect the battery for 5 mins, when reconnected all systems reboot and most times will clear the problem. Hope this works for you. George...

Well George I tried you solution today, disconnected the battery for 10 minutes. After reconnecting it I tried to replace the fuse, its number 25 by the way, and sure enough the fan came on straight away. Even with the key not even in the ignition. So thats me stumped. Any other possible solutions out there?

I've just done a thread search on blower regulator and found what I think I need now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom