Heater Blower - CLK Cab

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul Grainger

Car
SL55, Porsche 996 C2 convertible
The heater blower on my CLK Cab is feeble. The fan appears to work OK, the speed varies from very slow to very fast with the position of the controller - there just is not adequate air flow.

With the upper demist on and the side vents open, there is so little air flow that it cannot be 'felt' - even with the fan on full speed.

My last car (1998 C200 Elegance) heater fan was excellent. I can believe that the heater system is working OK on my new car

Is this a 'design feature'? Could it be the pollen filter blocked? Where is the pollen filter!?

My MB dealer says he will have a look providing I give him:
a) the deeds to my house
b) free use of my wife whenever he wants
c) my entire salary for the next three years

Any help would be appreciated.......

Cant say without seein the car,
BUT, heater fan motors have feable bearings, and always give up!!

V12, this sounds like the same problem I am having with my 1998 C280 W202. Is it possible to overhaul the bearings or is it a straight replacement motor job? How easy is it to do yourself?

Straight replacement im afraid...:confused:

there are 3 or 4 different types, so beware, as the stealership is known for not gettin the right one first time, despite chassis numbers...

I think the are between £130-£160+VAT

HTH :confused:

Also, it should take the average person (whats average!!!) probably about half an hour with all the right tools.

You will need to remove the wiper mechanism to get at it from memory. :crazy: but its not too bad once you know what you are doing...

Feeling very frustrated today and thinking I might face a big bill. Last ditch effort, I changed all of the fuses even though none appeared to be blown. Hey presto, fan is blowing again! I have learnt a lesson today - don't trust the fuses!

Turned out to be the pollen filter. Strangely enough it looked perfect - I suspect someone has tried unsucsessfully to 'launder' it. When I removed the filter the air flow was excellent.
Thanks for your suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom