Heater blower on W208 CLK not regulating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pauljay

Car
2000 CLK 430/55
Hi Guys.

I have a 2000 model CLK Cab. The climate control when on auto keeps the fan blowing at a constant speed even when the temparature has been reached

For the past week the climate control will not regulate the fan speed. If the car is cold the speed indicates 2 bars, once the car warms up it will go to the middle sometimes 1 bar above the middle and stay there no matter what the temperature is set at.

I can manually operate the fan speed and it will raise or lower fine. The A/C works fine too.

Can someone please point me in the right direction, I'm hoping it's a simple fix I can do myself.

The window demist function starts like this i.e. gets more air as the coolant warms and then blows at a high rate. May be worth looking to see if contacts are dropping out when you switch it off?

I've also noticed that the amount of air registered on the climate control doesn't tally up with the air felt coming out.

I have a feeling that the pollen filter may need to be renewed.

I took it out to see how dirty it was, then took it to the German and Swedish shop to get it replaced. The Guy behind the counter said the filter was ok.

After putting the old one back in I've the same problem, so I think I'll replace it anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom