heater clicking c class 2002

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

123sean

Car
previous 123 2.0 est 124 230te est now c240 elegance est and c 220cdi est
hi have a donor vehicle ,stripped out dash to replace noisy stepper motor, is there a thread on here to strip part of the heater assembly unit or does the whole unit have to come out

Depends, google is your friend try these 2 links I found as well
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I replaced a stepper on my 2004 w203. Very very similar setup.
I believe there are something like 7 steppers in the dash.
I was pretty lucky, as it was a one in the centre section deep behind the radio LHS, and with only much frustration and trying and trying and wrecking my hand, I was able to get the old one out and a new one in by only taking everything out of the central part of the dash.

It turned out that it was the clutch inside the stepper that was slipping, and the lever was not broken in any way. However, I had already sourced a new lever from Merc, so I put that on the £15 eBay second hand stepper I bought.

Where abouts do you think the faulty stepper is located?

can hear and see now dash is out ,was put on star and had code and location as follows .
a32 m2 charcoal filter flap absolute pig to get to not always fitted
m2/10 left footwell flap actuator , can see hopefully easy
m2/11 right footwell flap actuator as above
m2/9 right defroster flap actuator not all have so a spare should be easy to fit

update heater out ...charcoal filter stepper ok white gear damaged and flap damaged ,more investigation needed
m2 10and 11 both white connecting arms split [spares required] are ebay ones any good ???
and bottom one m2 9 replaced ,,removed any other visible ones checked forwards and backwards movements and lubed with silicone oil spray and reattatched

Get the arms from the dealer. I did. They are not very expensive and you don't want to go through this again if a piece of cheap junk snaps. What a pain.

thanks for your replies ,yes watched both those vids and one from nk1974 in texas that takes out dash
i will order bits from dealer ,on that question are all dealers the same or some better than others ..?? do any links on here offer better service ,discounts ??

i will order bits from dealer ,on that question are all dealers the same or some better than others ..??

hi well a couple of weekends work and a few new parts heater ,dash is all back in everything all quiet and pushing air out where it should , only one issue could not obtain spare parts to fix charcoal filter flap so removed broken flap and worn gears but left stepper motor in but in a bit more accessible position if it were to cause a further issue
on a seperate issue was going to change front lights but found them to be different think donors had hid version and mine didnt but did change headlight washer units as mine had cracked and leaked quite bad ..are they a weak point ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom