Heater control/sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrNick

MB Enthusiast
Car
SL500
Can anyone tell me if the W210 dual zone heater has a temperature sensor in the system, or does it just pump out constant temperature air? There appears to be a hole for a sensor of some kind in the overhead panel.

If there is a sensor, could it be causing the heater to output hot air on the passenger side occasionally when the control is set to the white position. I can make it go back to normal by moving the drivers side control to hot,and then back to normal. Moving the passenger side control has no effect bizarrely.

Nick

My 202 uses a temp sensor, and therefore the temp of the air coming out of the vents varies according to the weather. I usually have the wheels showing about half white and half blue. This gives heat on a cold morning, and cold on a sunny day, without any further input from me. If my 202 does it, then I'm sure a 210 would.

I was really pleased when I discovered this, as I had Climate Control in my last car (Saab), so I never touched anything, just left it on 18 degrees all the time. When I got the 202 I though that as it doesn't have Climate Control, only "Air Conditioning", that it would put out a constant temp depending on the setting of the little wheels. I was well pleased when it started "thinking".

I reckon the white zone on the wheels is what MB reckons is 'normal', and when you turn the wheels either to red or blue you are telling the system to adjust away from 'normal'. I don't think you are telling the system to "blow hot" or "blow cold".

but I've been wrong before...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom