Heater Fan speed low on demist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tikw2124

Car
2002, W203 C Class 270 CDI Avantgarde Tiptronic, COMMAND, Phone
Hi to all, trust everyone had a good Xmas.

The fan speed appears very slow when windscreen de-mist is selected but, if i de-select de-mist and then select manual controls, the fan speed increases to full power. Is this normal or is there a problem?

Anyone got any thoughts?

On my car, the fan starts on a low speed but it increases as the temperature of the engine rises. I assume this is a deliberate design feature, but I may be wrong!

Both my W210 and the wifes W203 go to full power when screen selected plus a/c gets switched on as well.

Mines got climate and hers has got 2 dials sort of climate but not if you see what i mean:confused:

Lynall

Thanks for replies. Lynall, you say the fan on your wife's W203 goes to full power immediately on selecting de-mist which sounds about right to me so, i must have a problem but not sure what is causing it. Maybe someone with more experience than me will reply.

I remember reading something on here a while ago about resetting the heater vents, dont ask me how but maybe worth doing a search?

Just thinking my last car a Disco and wifes last car a Mini both had climate and both went to full speed when screen selected.

Lynall

Last edited:
I remember reading something on here a while ago about resetting the heater vents, dont ask me how but maybe worth doing a search?

Just thinking my last car a Disco and wifes last car a Mini both had climate and both went to full speed when screen selected.

Lynall

to reset the vents you should press together and keep for a couple of seconds the two bottons: front demist and rear demist. The 2 leds will flash till the reset operation will complete.

I've done the reset thingy a couple of times but, to no avail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom