Heater fault on ML 270 2002

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dave00130

Car
Mercedes ML 270
I have a 2002 ML270 and i'm having problems with the interior heating. Most of the time when I set the heater dial for the heat to go to the windscreen It does not. It blows somewhere else not what I set the dial to. During the cold spell it's not even clearing the windscreen.
Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Hi,
Mine does this too sometimes, particularly in the winter!! I have found that it happens most when you turn the fan speed to high and then adjust the direction of the air or engage the clear screen button. The force of air appears to prevent the direction flaps from moving easily due to worn teeth on heater flaps in the ventilation system.

To overcome it I turn everything off, engine and fan blower then with the ignition on press the auto button on the middle dial and hold for three secs until the temp, fan speed and air direction lights up in the default position. This generally works, if the fan speed is set too high turn it down to a lower setting, then press and hold the auto button for ten seconds until the fan speed sets at the new setting. It will jump to the old setting after three secs and then go back to the new setting after 10 secs.
Only real permanent cure is to get in there and do a bit of surgery!! I think I'll just put up with it unless it goes really wrong. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom