Heater Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hawkwind

Car
CLK 320
I have a W208 convertible with the basic heating/aircon (i.e. not the climate control).

The problem is that the passenger side air temperature is always at maximum, even when the dial is turned all the way down. During the cooler weather I didn't notice this, but now the weather has got warmer, it's starting to get uncomfortable, especially if carrying a passenger.

The driver side vent seem to work OK.

Anyone have any ideas, or a solution to my problem please?

The passenger side duo valve might be suck open, you could turn the passenger side heater thumb wheel to Blue (Cold) and then run the engine, then tap the duo valve several times, with the handle of a screwdriver to see if that will free it up, you could try this with the engine cold and then again when the engine is hot.

Dec

[YOUTUBE HD]8jhPEfLI45s[/YOUTUBE HD]

Thanks for the replies, I'll take a look at the duo valve as soon as I get the chance. It would certainly fit the symptoms I'm experiencing.

A big thanks to both AMGeed and Dec, both of you hit the nail squarely on the head and extra thanks to Dec for posting the YouTube link.

Cleaned out the duo valve as suggested in the video and everything now works well :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom