Heating Controls Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ldare

Car
2007 R320 CDI Sport / 2003 270ML CDI Inspiration
Hi
Just wondering if I could pick your brains. The missus had been complaining that sometimes she's cold when driving our 2003 ML270 W163. Not sure if standard but Ive got the LED lit up heating controls. I didnt think anything of it as Id always been warm. Today I was driving and for the first time I noticed it was cold, the fan was above medium and the temp on about 27. I pulled over turned off the ignition, turned it back on and hot air came through. I didnt have Auto on - seems like an electrical related intermitant issue? Had anyone expereinced similar?
Ta

Louis

Just check the car is getting up to temperature as the thermostats are very common, if temp is floating around 60 degrees and no higher change the thermostat.

Just check the car is getting up to temperature as the thermostats are very common, if temp is floating around 60 degrees and no higher change the thermostat.

Nothing wrong with car getting up to temp, 80. This seens like an electrical issue. Its happened a few times now. You can drive for over an hour and no warm air, quick switch off of ignition at the lights and instant heat. I dont like the digital heating controls.

Quick Update: Its been to an Indy garage, Merc Tech and that morning the heating was working fine so they couldnt look at it. They said its probably a sticking flap behind the dash - but said it'll probably get worse over time and to come back once its totally failed.

I had this problem on a Peugeot 407. Remove the pollen filter, put fan on a middle speed and squirt WD40 into the heater air intake, whilst someone operates the controls to move the flaps. It worked for me, maybe you will be lucky!

I had this problem on a Peugeot 407. Remove the pollen filter, put fan on a middle speed and squirt WD40 into the heater air intake, whilst someone operates the controls to move the flaps. It worked for me, maybe you will be lucky!

I have been thinking of giving the flaps a good squirt with WD40, not sure if I can get to without pulling the dash? Whats a pain is a few mins after switching her off you can here the flaps close. Digitally controlled is a right bummer wish they would stay as per controller.

The garage said all they could do is put a temperature gun on the cab heating pipes when the car is up to temp but cold in the car. Its not possible to do this as its intermittent.

Ive bought a temp reading gun. Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of under the bonnet if where the pipes go in and out of the matrix behind the flaps? Plus the location of the matrix? This will allow me to confirm my suspicions on the digital flaps.

Thanks

Im making progress :)

Im looking at part 8 in the glovebox A1638302662 but the curved part is on the left, so could be drawn as if looking through the bonnet? I'll keep looking abot :)

Heating problem

Hello and thanks for letting me in the group. I have a E class 250 CDI Sport its a beautiful car and a joy to drive. Recently I noticed that when the heating was turned up to high it remained lets say cold...? I have took it to the garage and they cannot find out what the matter is with the heating??? the temp guage remains at a steady 90 degrees on the dash board ... could anyone please tell me what the problem is to save me taking it to mercedes to charge me £120 for a diagnostic as I have already spent £250 with the mechanic who looked at it
thanks in anticipation

martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom