heating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mushaid

my car heater is not getting very warm, what can be the fault, termostat or the heater control or some thing else, please help

Your temperature gauge should be showing 85 -90c and you probably need a new thermostat.

Most likely thermostat, what’s the engine temperature after a 4 miles drive?

What car and what year?

Dec

c class w203 auto coupe 220 cdi 2003. 80c. the heater is more warmer on the front screen and not so warm on the feet setting

temperature showing between 85-90c.

I don’t know what the normal temperature for a diesel is be but above 84c would seem about right on the open road, it shouldn’t fall at all and only rise in stop-go traffic, and then drop back again to about 84c when you get moving.

Dec
W0RzzCf.jpg

temperature showing between 85-90c.

This sounds about right. Most thermostats are set to either 87 degrees or 90 degrees.

c class w203 auto coupe 220 cdi 2003. 80c. the heater is more warmer on the front screen and not so warm on the feet setting

There may be an issue with the heater flaps or the flaps motor. You can try this reset procedure:

Reset Procedure

If it does not help, you may need to have the car connected to MB STAR diagnostic computer, then check for any error codes in the relevant ECUs, and also try to carry-out a flaps reset from STAR.

Last edited:
Will the reset work on my W221 is it a standard reset for the heating Markjay

got my car checked today by a mechanic no fault codes found and then bleeded the system still no change and he thinks the water pump is the only cause not fully working. [please help what do you think] termostat is working, car temperure working 85-90c, all the flaps working fine, can the heater control panel be faulty ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom