Heavenly Transport

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

developer

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Volvo V90 D5 AWD
In the few months I've owned my car I've not encountered anything similar.

That mean and moody look with it's black paintwork, accented by the black windows and the distinctive body lines, instantly recognisable from any angle.

Dead good, some have said ;)

On one occasion a guy crossed himself as I approached, whilst another took off his cap.
new040-1.jpg

But it's been a lonely existence, with no-one to give a friendly wave to
icon_sad.gif
, as enjoyed by enthusiasts who see a car like their own.

Then today, joy of joys, my heart skipped a beat - on the M40 towards Warwick I saw a companion (albeit a W210).

I knew then that I was not alone in the motoring wilderness.

There is a god (though I suspect the other car had already found him).

Hallelujah..........................

027-1-4.jpg

The blacker the tint the better!!!!!

John, when you are bored of it can you please contact me as I would like your car very much

Those chaps might have a point though.

There are tints, and then there are van conversions. :)

Yup, I don't disagree, however, they were factory fitted and not enough on their own to prevent me buying the car.
It's a great spec otherwise, and so far, spectacularly good.

Yup, I don't disagree, however, they were factory fitted and not enough on their own to prevent me buying the car.
It's a great spec otherwise, and so far, spectacularly good.

The tinted windaes make the car, black estates look silly without them. Mine are darker than yours, proper black out, you cannot see in easily at all, and I would have it no other way.

Ideally you should get the alloys painted black, and get black headlining to complete the look.

John, I was looking for a 211 estate earlier this year, but have postponed the search til next year now. Whilst deliberating, I noticed your own outgoing car posted here, and very nearly contacted you. However, my preference is/was for a 500, and the one below is the one that got away. To add to the difficulties of my search when it resumes, I want to stick with the colour scheme!

esp1c.jpg

John, I was looking for a 211 estate earlier this year, but have postponed the search til next year now. Whilst deliberating, I noticed your own outgoing car posted here, and very nearly contacted you. However, my preference is/was for a 500, and the one below is the one that got away. To add to the difficulties of my search when it resumes, I want to stick with the colour scheme!

esp1c.jpg

Hello Mike, mine's a great car so far, but very very hard to keep clean.

My previous one in Tealite was a cracker too but didn't have the spec of this one.
I spent quite a while looking but it was worth it in the end.

Best of luck

Thanks John. I must admit, I enjoy the freedom from cleanliness worries my current estate car gives me, a 96 E280T that I bought off ebay with a hungover, half-hearted bid, nearly three years ago. Passed another mot yesterday, with no advisories, and it was treated to a £4 car wash last week, the second in 18 months!

esp1c.jpg

I took the family to Holland Park the other day and an E500 exactly like that was parked up. It looked fabulous. I said to the Mrs "there's our next car". :)

There's a facelift 270 CDI for sale near me, same colour with the Sportpack, but if I went diesel (doubtful), it would have to be a 320. In fact, if I go diesel, it will be a pure workhorse, so I won't be too picky.

Let's hope we can stagger our searches!!

There has been a E500 S211 for sale for ages for around £8K but its in a funny gold colour...

I do think the tints would look better graduated from the passenger windows back, it is a little black.

Apart from that a lovely car :)

I'm qute happy in my old bus, also now with a Brabus 'chip'

car1.jpg

Last edited:
I have the tints on my S211 - Tansanite Blue. Not had any van / hearse comments from anyone, more on how good it looks.

Mind you, the interior might help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom