Heavy snow forecast for Wednesday night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Satch

MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 E320Cdi Avantgarde Estate & Toyota Land Cruiser
Overnight Wednesday and Thursday morning are going to see quite a significant band of sleet and snow into south west England and South Wales and eventually by morning across much of Wales into the Midlands and into the London area and southern England as well as the South East," he said.

"The snow will be potentially disruptive in London because it is predicted for rush hour and is going to cause some significant disruption, I think.

"It will probably be some of the heaviest snow in the last couple of years in the London area."

Oh good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...FOAVCBQYIV0?xml=/news/2007/02/06/nsnow106.xml

Satch said:
"It will probably be some of the heaviest snow in the last couple of years in the London area."

About a centimetre then...

Dieselman said:
About a centimetre then...

Only needs one snowflake to bring London to a halt.

Yes - deep joy. I'm in London on Thursday for a meeting. GNER will prob grind to a halt at Peterborough then:D :D I may or may not get there then I may or may not get home again - lol

NW_Merc said:
Have you got skis pammy? :D

lol - gonna need 'em:D I hope:D

Excellent news! Just whilst my ML is in the bloody dealers it's gonna snow, looks like I will never get the benefits of 4 wheel drive in the snow:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do I sound angry:confused:

Typical, I'm away working in Turkey and the only time is snows since I've put my Nokian WR's on and I'm away...

Grrrrrrr.....

Back to Manchester on Sat... bet there's no evidence of it by then !

heavy snow :eek: ????? is that different to the light stuff thats floats down round here:cool: :D .................

I'll believe it when I see it - well, down here in the 'Deep South' anyway! :)

mark.t said:
heavy snow :eek: ????? is that different to the light stuff thats floats down round here:cool: :D .................

I've heard it's not dis-similar to heavy water.... snow just with a heavily isotopic twist ;)

Last edited:
pammy said:
Yes - deep joy. I'm in London on Thursday for a meeting. GNER will prob grind to a halt at Peterborough then:D :D I may or may not get there then I may or may not get home again - lol

Come and say HI!! Peterborough has a fabulous Cathedral, and, erm, well, a river. And some good roads. Erm. Well, I don't know really.... :p

Not according to weather.co.uk :(

says rain/snow (ie slush)....

tried me, bristol, liverpool, london.... the best was liverpool - snow on thursday (iirc)

robert.saunders said:
Come and say HI!! Peterborough has a fabulous Cathedral, and, erm, well, a river. And some good roads. Erm. Well, I don't know really.... :p

lol - I'll wave as we go through:D

blackscooby said:
I've heard it's not dis-similar to heavy water.... snow just with a heavily isotopic twist ;)

we making a nuclear bomb then:rolleyes: :eek:

The Midlands has some radioactive bubble or a no flake fly zone.. Never snows here!

S-N-O-W ???? Senior Naval Officer West Indies :)

I've read about this 'ere cold rain water, but never seen it :rolleyes: :) :) Well not for the last twenty years or so :D

The English Riviera is exempt from snowy conditions :cool:

John the optimist

marcos said:
Excellent news! Just whilst my ML is in the bloody dealers it's gonna snow, looks like I will never get the benefits of 4 wheel drive in the snow:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Do I sound angry:confused:

It's just living up to its title: An off roader;) Sorry.

Bah. I'm flying up to Scotland tomorrow morning, coming back on Thursday evening. Bet ya I get snowed in because there's more than five flakes of snow per square foot at Heathrow :-(

-simon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom