Helford's parking sensors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Webby

Car
E220cdi Elegance facelift
Saw this offer on display panel at my local Helfords.4 sensors fitted for £149.00. Colur coded for £19.99 extra. Looked o.k. Anyone seen them or had them installed? Do you think they'd be o.k? :confused:

If you're keen on parking sensors why not try this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9895&item=7983285055&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This guy is based in Leicester and appears to have very good feedback. I haven't used him myself yet as I've already got Parktronic and COMAND on both ours. I've arranged to have sensors retro-fitted on other family members cars; a Saab 9-5, W210 E240, Audi A6 Avant and our old A160. In all these cases they cost more than £150, between £200 - £350 fitted & colour coded. £150 sounds like a good deal to me...

Yeah, that does look a better prospect. At least he seams to know about Mercedes when you check his other items.

I may give that a try, thanks.

A-AvantGarde said:
If you're keen on parking sensors why not try this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9895&item=7983285055&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

This guy is based in Leicester and appears to have very good feedback. I haven't used him myself yet as I've already got Parktronic and COMAND on both ours. I've arranged to have sensors retro-fitted on other family members cars; a Saab 9-5, W210 E240, Audi A6 Avant and our old A160. In all these cases they cost more than £150, between £200 - £350 fitted & colour coded. £150 sounds like a good deal to me...

Seems a good deal,bit too far away for me though. :( Doesn't show what the display looks like though,would need to see that first if I was having it. Maybe it's just audio. :confused:

I would personally rather go for the OEM MB (Bosch) retrofit - I know that a Stealer offered to retrofit just the rear sensors for £250 for someone I know (but this was for a stock car that did not have PTS) which I though was rather good... (check retrofit cost from Stealer/indy for OEM...). MB sensors come pre body painted anyway.

Webby said:
Seems a good deal,bit too far away for me though. :( Doesn't show what the display looks like though,would need to see that first if I was having it. Maybe it's just audio. :confused:

As far as I can tell this doesn't have a display and is just audible. When we bought the A Class we had a choice of the Bosch retrofit system they call QuickPark (parking sensors with a rear mounted display - visible in rearview mirror) at £450 or aftermarket sensors from a local fitter but still arranged through the dealer at £250.

I went for the latter as I couldn't justify an extra £200 for the display on an aftermarket system that wouldn't have looked original anyway. The audible systems work very well but I wouldn't give up full parktronic front & rear with the displays. People that haven't seen it before still comment & ask, what are those lights!... Loved it on our old W140, still love it on the W220 abd the W203.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom