Helicopter Traffic Enforcement (!!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flyer

MB Enthusiast
Car
Ford Mustang GT
'Twas a fine day on Saturday, so me and g/f, for once without children, decided to have a blast over the Cat and Fiddle (otherwise known as A537) to Buxton and down to Bakewell and onto the A6 for lunch at a place called Rowsley. Fantastic driving roads. Saw a gorgeous Morgan Aero8 being driven very sedately :cool:

Because these are great roads, they attract a fair few bikers and performance cars. But it seems the county council (Derbyshire) don't want motorists - they've reduced what was NSL to 50mph (!!), with plenty of Truvelo speed cameras (<jimroyle>safety my ****!</jimroyle>). What's worse is that there are *plenty* of signs that state "Helicopter Traffic Enforcement"!! :eek: What's that all about? Never seen that elsewhere and more than a trifle worrying. Are they really going to send up a helicopter to go after someone speeding? The standards of people's driving was appalling, but that's OK; go at a reasonable speed ("making progress") and you're public enemy number one :crazy:.

Anyone in Derbyshire able to explain the Scamera Partnership's thinking here?

This country's obsession with reducing speed is getting too much ... :confused: :mad:

I'm still positive that the highway code doesn't explicitly ban the use of SAM's :devil:

S.

There has been some horrendous crash's on that road recently,At least 1 or 2 a week resulting in at least 1 death per week,Also other roads close by not just motorcyclists but cars as well,Kids coming back from nights out or just racing other cars on that road. Local residents have been protesting and blockading some parts going thro the villages to try and get more speed enforcement in the areas to try and stop the deaths.

clicky

click

Last edited:
just had a USAF Apache attack helicoptor hovering above the middle of Harrogate for over 20 minutes at about 1000 feet - on the lookout for bad drivers perhaps :)

grasmere said:
just had a USAF Apache attack helicoptor hovering above the middle of Harrogate for over 20 minutes at about 1000 feet - on the lookout for bad drivers perhaps :)

more likely for little old ladies who park half on the double yellow lines outside the local shop :)

Andy

grasmere said:

Probably just doing famil training for Basrah or such like ;)

It is sad however true that most bikers understand the risks when they are pushing on... accidents will happen and as long as no others are injured as is the case in most bike accidents and the biker was/is insured why do we waste OUR Police Forces money with helicopters, etc. Surely the helicopters can be put to better use...

Moreover why we still don't have speed cameras ONLY outside ALL schools I will never know... + those mobile cameras should be banned I have never met a single driver that wants those.

I sometimes wonder are the people still running this country, is it really a democracy...? I wonder what a referendum would say on Speed Cameras?

Just my 2 Cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom