Hello All from West Midlands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TeeBone

Car
W204 C200 CDi AMG Sport
Hi All,

Wanted to say Hi and give a bit of background on my purchase.

I used to own a 58 plate W211 E220 CDi Avantgarde but didn't stay in it long as it was far too comfortable and didn't feel any road bumps. So, I sold it after 6 months and ended up in a E90 330i M Sport. Now that this has gone, I am back in a Mercedes, this time a 2009 W204 C200 CDi AMG Sport.

This car is a bit of a project car as the person I bought it off had it parked up for 6 months when the MOT expired. The body work needs some TLC and the drivers seat and door card have rips.

Forgive me if this isn't the correct place to post what I've done to it so far and what is left to do.

To get it through the MOT, I have had the rear brake pipes and pads replaced all round.
Heaters went working - there was heat only when your driving. The fan wasn't turning, so I freed the heater fan from the engine bay by hand which was stiff. Still the fan heater didn't blow, I then turned the heaters on and manually spun the fan ….

Engine was running loud i think Oil, Oil Filter and Air filter have been changed.
The sport grill is damaged and sourced a replacement from shpock. I had some matt black vinyl wrap so ended up wrapping the silver bits of the grill. I will get this fitted once the below items have been replaced.

Noticed the car temperature drop a bit when I hit the dual carriage way

Thanks MissyD. I just realized half of my message is missing :(
I spent an hour looking busy typing up an essay on here lol

Welcome post pictures

TeeBone welcome to the forum ,,,Check to see if your engine has the auxhiliary water pump ? if so this is not working ,,and if it is shot than coolant water wont circulate the engine if your car is stationary .

Thank You all for the warm welcome.

So the rest of the stories goes a bit like…
The heaters started working after manually assiting the fan blower by hand and they are continuing to work.
The temperature was sitting at about 80 degress on the gauge but on the dual carriage way this dropped down to 40 when driving at 70.
Thanks optimus for the advise, I have the thermo now so will get it fitted anyway. I suspected the thermo because I had the same issue in the w211.
If that doesn’t fix then will look into the water pump.

On the list of to do is:
Thermo replacement – will attempt myself if the rain stops
Rad flush – this I’m not confident in as a diy. I attempted this many years ago and ended up with an airlock.
Brake fluid flush – again a diy if I can find a helper to pump the brake peddle.
Gearbox oil and filter change as I can feel some vibration at 3k revs.

Parking sensors buzz and turn off – need to find a place with Star machine to diagnose which sensors
There is a umi fitted from factory which freezes on a black screen with ‘Universal Media Interface’ displayed on the screen with no options to select. Currently can’t find anything online. Just for info, the umi has an ipod connection, usb and aux in the glovebox.

Also, I think it has a Brabus chip – the engine cover says D2 brabus and is a Brabus badge on the back. I know the previous owner wouldn’t have replaced the engine cover just because it says Brabus.
I will take pictures after I get it washed and the rain stops.

Parking sensors buzz and turn off – need to find a place with Star machine to diagnose which sensors

Welcome. Go to Mercland in Nuneaton. Highly respected forum sponsor who know their stuff. STAR diagnosis is cheap too compared to a lot of places.

Thanks Bob & Optimus.
I understand they need to be tackled individually.
This weekend has been a bit busy. So i managed to flush brake fluid. Got thermo replaced and antifreeze done.
Now i am confident thati can hit the motorway :).
Nuneaton trip is on the cards but maybe a couple weeks away. I needed the basics done because i need to travel to Northampton and Hatfield for work this week.
I managed to take a picture but not a great one when i went back to the garage as they didnt replace one of the brake lines but charged me for it during the MOT.
Still havent got round to getting it washed unfortunatley.
What file size can pictures be? The image i have is 2.7mb

If the images are too large, upload them to a 3rd party site and link them here

Hi guys. I havent given up yet...:)
The images i will get onto pc and save them in a different format.
On the motorway i noticed the car wasnt smooth when hitting high speeds. Seems like torque convertor judder based on what ive read. And i found out that the gearbox oil has never been changed . Its now on 128k and iv confirmed it has brabus chip.
Some advice please.... Is it easy enough to change gearbox oil and filter on the side of the road? Also,. If i leave the gear oil to drain say for 24 hours, Would that drain the torque convertor aswell?

Iv spent over £500 on it in the last 2 weeks so trying to keep costs down.

Alternatively do you peeps know a trust worthy indie (birmingham/solihull area) that would drain the torque convertor too? The MOT garage tried a fast one with the break line:(

Welcome! If you post your VIN number, someone will be able to provide a list of what the car was built with

Hi guys. I havent given up yet...:)
The images i will get onto pc and save them in a different format.
On the motorway i noticed the car wasnt smooth when hitting high speeds. Seems like torque convertor judder based on what ive read. And i found out that the gearbox oil has never been changed . Its now on 128k and iv confirmed it has brabus chip.
Some advice please.... Is it easy enough to change gearbox oil and filter on the side of the road? Also,. If i leave the gear oil to drain say for 24 hours, Would that drain the torque convertor aswell?

Iv spent over £500 on it in the last 2 weeks so trying to keep costs down.

Alternatively do you peeps know a trust worthy indie (birmingham/solihull area) that would drain the torque convertor too? The MOT garage tried a fast one with the break line:(
MSL performance in Brum would be the best bet and hello from Shirley [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Mercland will be able to do the gearbox

It can physically be done on the drive but there is a danger of dirt getting in which is a big no-no. Leaving it to drain overnight will not drain the TC either. As said, Mercland in Nuneaton can do it for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom