Hello all. Newbie here after advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

j033y

Car
A4 Quattro S Line
Hello All.

Been lurking around this forum for a couple of weeks.

I have just sold my 2004 A4 Quattro, and am after a C220 or C270 CDi estate. not looking to spend more than £3k so mileage is obviously very high on the ones I am looking at, I am not after a minter, more a work horse!

200k doesnt really scare me, but doesnt fill me with joy.

Apart from the rust issue, is there anything else I should look for?

There is currently a 54 plate black c220 one with 200k on the clock on ebay. should I be worried about anything on it?

My other question, I will do oil/filter etc myself. But are these relatively cheap to run? My A4 avereaged 25mpg and parts cost a fortune. I don't mind spending money on cars, just don't want to be wasteful

Cheers, any advice tips etc is most appreciated.

Is the car you've seen a 270 or 220 CDi?

It's a C220, C220's seems to fit into my price bracket. It's the W203 shape i'm after (i think thats right, the ones with the round lights!!)

The one on ebay is a 2004 C220 CDI Avantgarde SE in Black.

Cheers

Welcome -should get double mpg compared to Audi-rest of the perils apply to all high mileage cars/older cars-sure you can replace standard wear and tear items brakes/tyres etc but shocks/springs will need to be done along with gearbox/axle oil.May be you will belucky with a high mileage with good maintenance record?company car?

Do a forum search on 'black death' with regards the injectors on the 2.2.

I would be more inclined to go for a 270, iirc they are 180ish bhp, so you do get that bit more oomph.

Both the 2.2 and the 2.7 engines are well known to do 400k if serviced at the correct times etc, it's just going to be that the running gear on a 200k car is going to be quite tired, which I'm sure that you'll already know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom