hello all

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

craigbert

Car
clk 320 conv 1999.. e240 1999
Hello i joined a while back, and have read many posts ,should introduce myself.
I have a 1999 clk 320 and enjoy it loads, picked up another spares or repair the other week, same colour one year newer, the roof was not working sorted this tonight by filling the oil in the pump and the clip was up in the boot guard ,hood was slow to start few ups and downs works fine.Pic of the one i use regular below.
kmjGife.jpg

1p7ITOh.jpg

this is the spares repair one i collected,Thanks for looking will be asking for advice in the engine section.
XEqvbmm.jpg

Welcome a good idea to buy a spare car if you have the room to keep it.

Welcome, spare / repair looks very tidy!

Thanks all, the bodywork is really good no rust on the arches,I was a bit annoyed as the seller advertised it as a good strong engine and box,however it looks like the head gaskets gone, Im not sure whether to do this or put a another engine in,the hood needed fluid in the pump.Looking at the mot info online,car looks to have been sat for a couple of years, interiors not to bad good clean needed.

Not an expert but would think it would be worth taking the head off to get a better idea of what might need doing before you jump to an engine switch. You might be lucky and find a new head gasket does the trick, worth checking head does not need a skim first.

good point, i thought it would be quicker to put the engine in.

Unless you know the providence of the donor engine, you might find you're in the same boat. - It's certainly easier to refresh an engine out of the car, so if you do decide to swap I'd change as many parts that are awkward to get at as possible before it goes in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom