Hello and help with voice instructions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Graham7

Car
C220 CDI
Hello to all.
I've just bought my first Mercedes, a 63 reg C220 CDI and love it but I find the electronics a bit confusing although I'm sure I'll get there lol.
The car came without the Becker sat nav and I have since bought one off ebay. I updated the maps and it works fine except for the voice commands. That woman just does not understand my accent!!!
I'm from Newcastle and do have a Geordie accent but I have tried speaking really posh and still she comes up with the wrong destination. I'm sure (but may be mistaken) that I saw a video on you tube that shows that you can train her to understand you by repeating various words and phrases but can't find this setting on mine.
Has anyone help or maybe had this problem?
Cheers.

Have you also updated the firmware on the device, or just the maps?

Have a look here https://www.beckermappilot.com/manuals/Manual_MAP_PILOT_EN.pdf
Page 24 covers speech entry but I can't see anything about training it to recognise your voice.
COMAND does have this feature though,

Thanks. It may have been a video on Command that I saw, I really can't be sure, I just know that I saw something on it and the only sat nav I was looking for on youtube was for Mercedes.

Thanks again for your help.

Have you also updated the firmware on the device, or just the maps?

I'm not 100% sure if I updated firmware but think I must have as I backed up the contents of the becker then deleted them off the unit before replacing them with the new update and everything seems to be fine apart from it not recognising my slight Goerdie accent.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom