Hello everyone - and some questions already!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Biggles1957

Car
A180 CDI Automatic
Had my first brand new car ever - an A Class back in 2002.. However, the dealers in Leicester were so awful (every time it went in it came back with dirty oil hand marks on the upholstery) that we sold it after about three years.

Just bought a 2006 model A Class with only 55,008 miles and a FSH and I'm very pleased with it so far. However I don't know if I can connect my phone to it via Bluetooth. It has the phone buttons at the side of the audio unit and the controls on the steering wheel but I can't really fathom out what the handbook is saying....

Also, the main light switch has a position marked 'AUTO' but I have no idea if the car has auto headlights or not. I can see a little 'window' in the panel behind the rear view mirror when I look from the outside through the windscreen and am wondering if that is the sensor for the headlights? Or maybe for rain sensing wipers? Were these cars fitted with 'standard' switches etc regardless of what options are actually installed? How can I find out what my car left the factory with?

It's an Elegance SE automatic.

Thanks in anticipation!

If the car has auto position on the light control switch then it has auto lights controlled by a light sensor, although it is unlikely to have main beam assist in that year.
Bluetooth no extremely unlikely, in that year phones connected via a cable
You can't really expect too much on a car that cheap/spec/year.

Last edited:
Many thanks for this. No I'm not expecting anything - it was just to try to find out what 'extras' might have been specified when it was ordered new - so I knew what worked and what doesn't if you see what I mean.

If you put your full 17 digit Vin# without spaces into this site you can bring up the datacard with all the options that were fitted when your car was built.
Mercedes-Benz VIN Decoder

Welcome to the forum too:thumb:

Theres a little pop out drawer near the handbrake / arm-rest. If it pops out and there is a connector in there (possibly under a half moon shape clip on cover) then the car has the phone system, and you can add a bluetooth phone adapter such as this

Refurbished Mercedes HFP Bluetooth Adapter

Cheers
Richard

MB cars of that era all had the phone buttons on the steering wheel, regardless of whether the optional Convenience Telephony option was specified or not.

That's brilliant! Thanks all. I've just looked up my VIN and yes it does have the rain sensor some of the things on the list are a bit confusing though! like: increased payload; tank at driver/front passenger seat; and it list an eight speed auto gearbox - I thought it was seven? Reading several threads on here and other places it seems like the infamous 30 year bodywork warranty is a complete waste of paper! The bottom rear corner of my driver's side rear door is bubbling through from the inside adjacent to the drain hole. There's no sign of any blockage in the drain hole but the seam sealant is detaching from the bottom edge of the door more than half way along and part way up the curve in front of the rear wheel arch. I don't think there's any point in even mentioning it to MBUK from what I've read, although with no damage to the door from the outside ever it seems to be a problem at build where sealant or whatever hasn't penetrated the join properly.

Hello looking for a vin for two of my cars. Can anyone help pls?
Reg NU58 EEG
Reg AO60 KAE.

The Peugeot members site may be of some use for one of them. Chrysler for the other.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom