Hello everyone, new member with a few questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattp1986

Car
N/A
Hello everyone, I'm new here and I'm looking to purchase my first Mercedes and thought I'd come and ask for some advice. I've set my mind on a C63 AMG. I've been looking at a couple of 2010 models and a 2011 both with under 50k miles. Full Mercedes service history and they are in great condition.
My question is about reliability really, how are they to own and run as a daily driver. I've heard a few horror stories about headbolt issues and a few other things but thought I would come and check with the people who know best.
MPG is not an issue as I only travel 3 miles to work and my current Jaguar XF-R only gets around 18 mpg.
So just wondered if there's any common faults to look for and any major issues (headbolts etc) to worry about. Thanks in advance for your help guys. Looking forward to getting to know you all.

The cars are fairly bullet proof and if you are looking at options with a full MB history the head bolt issue will have been covered off when required. The main consumables are fuel and tyres, but we all know that :p I came from a TVR so was already comfortable with that as running costs. Replacement discs can be a little expensive on some versions, my 507 coupe are bi-metal so are more expensive than most but again accepted as running costs for these cars.

One thing I always check when looking at a used car is matching high quality rubber on all 4 wheels, or at a bare minimum high quality rubber across the same axle. Other things such as quality of paintwork, interior etc. will give you an idea of how well the current owner has looked after the car. If you do want a C63 join the C63 AMG UK Facebook group as there are generally a few good ones up for sale there and it is a good place to get feedback on cars you are interested in.

Happy hunting.

Reactions: 219
Hello and welcome

OP, when you say you have an XF-R do you mean an R-Sport or the full-fat supercharged V8 XFR?

I, like you, have a C63 on my maybe list but my budget would only net me a pre-facelift so deadbolts could be an issue. Just trying to decide how much of an issue!

Only asking about your Jag as an XFR also ticks a lot of boxes for me but they have an equally worrying potential issue in the tensioners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom