Hello fellow MB owners!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beefyburt

Car
B200 SE CDI Auto 2005
Hi. Bought my first MB yesterday- B200, SE CDI Auto, 2005. Silver. Only 57000 miles as the owner was an elderly gent who bought if from new, never did much miles. In fact only did 7000 in the last two years.
All very nice and unused, very smooth and quiet and comfortable.
One question though- how strict do I have to be with servicing? My last diesel car only needed servicing every 20000, which for me is about 8 months, so can I ignore the dash messages? Its obviously out of warranty, so can I do what I like?
Thanks guys, all help appreciated.

Welcome to the forum and to the world of M-B ownership!

I'm not an expert on these things, but I like to have my car serviced regularly, so if a dashboard message says it 's due an oil change, I change the oil. I believe it's a false economy to skimp on servicing, but I'm sure others will have different views. I realise I haven't helped you in the slightest with this but, again, welcome!

Hi and welcome. Personally I`ll be sticking to the service schedule on mine...more or less but certainly won`t be using a main dealer.

Its a W245 in Mercedes model code speak. It sometimes helps to do internet searches using this model code.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_B-Class

B200 Service Intervals... - Mercedes-Benz Forum

During the life of this model Mercedes changed from variable [ depending on the type of running conditions] servicing to fixed interval 10K miles or 1 year ?? iirc. Its a personal choice thing really. Appart from the standard engine oil and filter and brake pad/disc checks things that are more likely to have been missed would be diesel fuel filter and air intake filter.

Welcome!

If it's a CVT (continuously variable transmission, i.e. automatic), then make sure it had the ATF (transmission oil) and filter changed at about 37.5K, and at 57k and 12 years old, I would definitely do it again, regardless. A lot cheaper than dealing with CVT problems later on.

I would also change both filters (cabin and air), certainly if you're going down the DIY or indie route.

You can re-set the service indicator, once you've done it - it's in the owner's manual.

Welcome, I would also stick with the recommendations for servicing intervals especially as it is a diesel. Have mine serviced every 12 months even if only done 6 k miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom