Hello fellow merc heds..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
the euc's .not blown..and looked for a spark and didnt find one
Is that the ECU that controls ignition? How did he know? Are the connections all clean, dry, and corrosion free? Is there an additional 'ignition module'?

thanks again for the replys,.yes i ment ecu,..yes it seems to be all corrosion free & dry,..just looked on here & says that a arckin out spark plug could blow the ecu,..i think its out my realm & will have to take it an expert in these cars,..there is one by me in wolverhampton but hes not cheap,,..i will keep on tinkering & hopefully it will fire back up,,but im doughtfull atm ,.thanks again for your time & tips,.. 👍 :)

thanks again for the replys,.yes i ment ecu,..yes it seems to be all corrosion free & dry,..just looked on here & says that a arckin out spark plug could blow the ecu,..i think its out my realm & will have to take it an expert in these cars,..there is one by me in wolverhampton but hes not cheap,,..i will keep on tinkering & hopefully it will fire back up,,but im doughtfull atm ,.thanks again for your time & tips,.. 👍 :)
What he means I suspect is that if the engine is run (or cranked) with a plug lead disconnected from its plug the high voltage in the coil can flash across (because it has nowhere else to go) to the low voltage side (which is connected to the ECU) and into the ECU and damage it. It's not a common occurrence - but can happen - so only crank with well grounded spark plugs when checking for sparks (I clamp with Mole grips!).
Cover the basis stuff we've discussed. It was running then it stopped. Just find out why!

thanks again,,yes the way it just stopped was baffling,,running smooth & sweet when it was last driving,,its done 183k,.but still smooth as silk ,.& i will try & see why it stopped,,but im not that good with cars tbf so its just a matter of checking broken leads etc,,thanks again,. :)

It could also be fuel related but as the RAC guy couldn't find a spark you'd be as well attend to that first.
That it stopped suddenly points to something that could stop all sparks simultaneously - so probably not coil packs or leads.

It could also be fuel related but as the RAC guy couldn't find a spark you'd be as well attend to that first.
That it stopped suddenly points to something that could stop all sparks simultaneously - so probably not coil packs or leads.
Yes I agree bellow..he did spray into the air intake and still nothing..all fuses are good..it was running on 5 cylinders not long back..then cuts back in and runs smooth..ther was some moisture in the spark plug bays as the cover on the top is slightly loose and let some moisture in over the winter..but only started to do that a fee months back...so that might of contributed to this failure..

well its still sitting on the drive,. :( still not sparking,.ive checked the ovr & all looks good,,someone as said it could be ignition ?..i really dont know,,ive phoned up merc & they want £120 to dianose it,.think thats the way to go now,.thanks for the replys,,anybody got any recomandations for mobile macanics for this model?..thanks..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom