Hello from a new Mercedes owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tanny100

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI - C207
Hi all,

Just joined the forum after buying a 2013 pre-facelift E350 CDi coupe. I am new to Mercedes having previously mainly owning Honda hot hatches. Let's just say the improvement in refinement and comfort is most welcome when you're 38 years old and have a 60 mile round trip commute to work! Enjoying the car so far. Had it for a couple of weeks but thinking of a remap already!

Look forward to talking to like minded enthusiasts.

Tanny

Welcome, Tanny, lovely motor the E350 cdi coupe, I can definitely recommend a re-map. :) 👍
Pics, please when you get a chance.

Thanks guys. How do I post pictures on here? I used to use PhotoBucket years ago on other forums but I’m sure they stopped that sort of free hosting.

Welcome, Tanny, lovely motor the E350 cdi coupe, I can definitely recommend a re-map. :) 👍
Pics, please when you get a chance.
I’ve actually booked myself for one! Superchips have an offer on currently. Will I notice the difference? The car is quick but feels a little lazy (I suppose I’m used to a 2005 Civic Type R with short gearing!)

Don't know what they claim but GAD Tuning regularly get over 300 bhp and over 700 Nm with loads of graphs to prove it .

Very accurate dyno too .

Don't know what they claim but GAD Tuning regularly get over 300 bhp and over 700 Nm with loads of graphs to prove it .

Very accurate dyno too .
Yeh GAD and MSL were both options. Superchips claim 303bhp and 700nm. As they’ve been around for years I’m hoping they’ll have good well tested software

Yeh GAD and MSL were both options. Superchips claim 303bhp and 700nm. As they’ve been around for years I’m hoping they’ll have good well tested software

Superchips went into administration not long ago , must of got rescued .

GAD
mercedes-e350-cdi-lr60muy-stg-1-jpeg-jpg.113099

Superchips went into administration not long ago , must of got rescued .

GAD
mercedes-e350-cdi-lr60muy-stg-1-jpeg-jpg.113099
I have heard of this too - they’re operating and communicating via email and messenger services as normal. It’d be interesting to know who has bought them.

Got mine done at,
DC Remapping in Warrington, they test your car to make sure it's ok to be mapped. Before and after dyno readout.
I got 300bhp and 718 Nm torque, happy with that, cost at the time was £325.00 :) 👍
20210525_115139.jpg

Got mine done at,
DC Remapping in Warrington, they test your car to make sure it's ok to be mapped. Before and after dyno readout.
I got 300bhp and 718 Nm torque, happy with that, cost at the time was £325.00 :) 👍
View attachment 113551
Stunning car. Did it drive well? What sort of mpg do you get before and after? Mines pretty bad I think

I are welcome

Stunning car. Did it drive well? What sort of mpg do you get before and after? Mines pretty bad I think
It drives very well, smooth, quiet and when you fancy a play, very fast, I'm averaging about 30mpg, with mixed driving. :) 👍

Welcome

I feel your pain regarding Hondas! I had a highly modified Honda Accord type r as your probably aware that era of type r's never had any sound proofing and lets just say I defiantly do not miss that constant noise on a dual carriageway or motorway lol as much as i loved it I ended up part exing her in for my first Mercedes (E320 cdi sport) so I can relate to your comment on refinement and comfort and agree 100%, there complete opposite's as cars but still you appreciate the small finer things in life more than the average person lol, I haven't had my e350 mapped yet but the 320 cdi I had was mapped and made about 280hp and somewhere in middle of 600's nm's if I remember right and id highly recommend it! It gives the big E's the extra torque to scare a few bigger power cars, until you get to about 60-80mph then her fat a$$ starts holding you back lol.

Welcome

I feel your pain regarding Hondas! I had a highly modified Honda Accord type r as your probably aware that era of type r's never had any sound proofing and lets just say I defiantly do not miss that constant noise on a dual carriageway or motorway lol as much as i loved it I ended up part exing her in for my first Mercedes (E320 cdi sport) so I can relate to your comment on refinement and comfort and agree 100%, there complete opposite's as cars but still you appreciate the small finer things in life more than the average person lol, I haven't had my e350 mapped yet but the 320 cdi I had was mapped and made about 280hp and somewhere in middle of 600's nm's if I remember right and id highly recommend it! It gives the big E's the extra torque to scare a few bigger power cars, until you get to about 60-80mph then her fat a$$ starts holding you back lol.
Haha! Thanks mate. I still have the EP3 Type R and will keep it for a while. Not driven it since I bought the Mercedes though. It is polar opposite to the Honda. Heavy, lazy, quiet and torquey compared to light, frantic, noisy, sharp and revvy!

Attachments

• D5EA9652-3DBC-4E08-BA02-F18A976F57A8.jpeg
    D5EA9652-3DBC-4E08-BA02-F18A976F57A8.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom