Hello From A New Owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

an-drewm

Car
200E
Hi,

I have just bought/rescued a Mercedes and thought I would join a forum so here I am.

I have been looking for a new car for a while now but couldn't find anything I really liked. It needed to be auto as I am getting lazy and something interesting. So there I was at a car dealer and there was this sad old 200E looking back at me. It was just at the stage where moss was starting to grow. Anyway she was an auto and although she didn't have air con and other bits I really wanted I just had to rescue her. Anyway she is in really good condition with a FSH and after a bit of a bit of a tidy she is looking good again. Hopefully I can find answers and help to any problems that might come along.

Andrew.

Hi,

I have just bought/rescued a Mercedes and thought I would join a forum so here I am.

I have been looking for a new car for a while now but couldn't find anything I really liked. It needed to be auto as I am getting lazy and something interesting. So there I was at a car dealer and there was this sad old 200E looking back at me. It was just at the stage where moss was starting to grow. Anyway she was an auto and although she didn't have air con and other bits I really wanted I just had to rescue her. Anyway she is in really good condition with a FSH and after a bit of a bit of a tidy she is looking good again. Hopefully I can find answers and help to any problems that might come along.

Andrew.

Welcome! You are in the best place for help & advice here - amogst other stuff! You'll find a few pics help......

Hi and welcome - well done for rescuing and old girl :D :D

Hi and welcome - well done for rescuing an old girl :D :D

So you know him? :devil:

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

Thank you for rescuing a more mature car (no such thing as an old Merc). Oh and a welcome from me too.

Welcome

Here are some pictures after the first scrub. I didn't take any when I first picked her up. She is a 1991 200E automatic in naucital blue with creme beige cloth. Only 110,000 on the clock with all the books and most of the service history. She has had a few repairs and needs a good cut and polish, there is a bit of rust on the front wings and around the aerial and needs a good clean inside. I am trying to get hold of a bonnet star, a drivers side window regulator and a few other bits to tidy her as well as the list of ebay parts awating delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_5795.JPG
    IMG_5795.JPG
    105.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_5792.JPG
    IMG_5792.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 28
Hello and Welcome!

The car looks really nice and well look well with the TLC that it deserves!

Like most members on here that is the enjoyment of older mercs ownership more you do to them the more you enjoy the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom