hello from a newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz6148

Car
600cl
a few questions if you would not mind helping a new possible owner
i am looking into buying a secondhand e55 amg
or maybe a cl600 and i am wondering about the pro,s and cons of these cars,
any advice please

Hello and Welcome

Both nice cars but completly different so an odd choice one or the other...

I don't own either although have had a few trips in a E55 estate 2003 model and its amazing car.

What do you drive now?

Hello and Welcome

Both nice cars but completly different so an odd choice one or the other...

I don't own either although have had a few trips in a E55 estate 2003 model and its amazing car.

What do you drive now?
to be honest i have been in the jap scene for many years, built a supra to 620bhp which was a great car, but as i get older i fancy something more refined as well as powerfull, i think the e55 may suit me better as its a more sportier driving car,
although a nice cruiser with plenty of power like the cl 600 bi turbo i feel i could enjoy, the only things i know about these cars is what i have read on the net, so any help would be great

The CL600 will be big bucks to repair when things go wrong, and the earlier ones are not exactly super reliable.

Depends what you want the car for, and what you expect from it. Luxury? Power? Looks? etc

And welcome.

The CL600 will be big bucks to repair when things go wrong, and the earlier ones are not exactly super reliable.

Depends what you want the car for, and what you expect from it. Luxury? Power? Looks? etc

And welcome.
well it will not do many miles, some weekend driving, a few trips to spain and france, i would love power luxury and looks in that order:D a tall order i know, i do love the rear of the e55 with the quad exits though

And welcome.
looking around the 52/54 reg i did read the cl600 had some rear suspention problems early on

The s class and the cl is basically the same. Some people get lucky and have no suspension problems, but the air suspension sometimes develop leaks and they are expensive to repair/replace ( i had mine done over xmas- £800 each parts).

But repairs aside, when they go, they are beautiful! If you are thinking of the E63, why not the S55?

The s class and the cl is basically the same. Some people get lucky and have no suspension problems, but the air suspension sometimes develop leaks and they are expensive to repair/replace ( i had mine done over xmas- £800 each parts).

But repairs aside, when they go, they are beautiful! If you are thinking of the E63, why not the S55?
s55? more reading for me i think, not even heard of that one

It the AMG version of the S class. I think there's an S63 about too.

Even the usual 500 has a lot of power-mind you, i've never felt the power of a 5.5 super charged V8.....:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom