Hello from another soon to be AMG owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FirstMerc0

Car
W204 C63 AMG
Hi everyone.
Hoping to pick up my first Mercedes very soon, a C63 AMG with Performance Pack Plus, and very much hoping it'll be everything I felt was missing from my recent run!

Much of my earlier car history was Japanese; 3 years of Celicas, 10 years of heavily modified fast Imprezas.
The last Impreza was running 470bhp, and whilst brutal and great fun it was a little much to drive every day (coilovers, etc) so bought a Fiesta ST as a daily, but then had a baby, sold both and bought an E92 M3, thinking it would be a good compromise between practicality, fun and performance.

Long story short, M3 was a great car with superb handling but a bit too clinical and lacking in fun for a daily, that lacked torque when you weren't wringing its neck to the redline, so sold and bought a Mk3 Focus RS, but I just haven't felt the love and wanted something that's a little bit more special inside and out.

Drove my first C63 yesterday and uncharacteristically ended up with a huge smile on my face and getting out the cheque book (not literallly) :), hoping to pick up next week.

Thanks both. Looking forward to more of that noise.
The Merc seems to me like a better compromise of fun and speed to keep you entertained.
It also seemed happier in auto than the M3 ever did although time will tell - if only test drives could last 24 hours not 20 minutes!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom