HELLO from Azerbaidjan!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deutsch1988

Car
E300 w124
Hello.My name is Bahram. I live in Azerbaidjan/ Baku.
I have 1985 year MB, w124 , M103 3.0L.
My english is no so good :( I can speack very good, german turk or rusish I have one problem,
In my car the temperatur will 100~120C.
:(
How i can this fix?

Hi and welcome to the forum.I would start with the thermostat

hello my br. you are from Jugoslavia?
I have changed the cylyder box, next have changed the ventilator fan! next have full antifresse in system, have changed to new radiator .Buth the termostad have i no show. This will termostad ??? and i start the car the fan will run.if my car is hight speed the fan will run faster if no hight speed the fan will no hight run...

No I`m not from Yougoslavia :crazy:
Are you saying that the fan runs at the same speed,when the car is hot does it not turn faster?

p.s if in my car 100 C, and i will car faster go, the temperatur will go to 80C, buth if in P or N the temperature will up to 100 C,and the fann run. if 20C ...30C...80C or 100~120 the fann runn everytime.The car is started the fan run !!!
Hight speed fan run hight, slow speed fan run slow.
1.New radiator.
2.New fan
3.100% antifreeze in system
4.new Zylyder box.
5.New oil and Benzin pump.
6.all filter changed, air/benzin.

No I`m not from Yougoslavia :crazy:
Are you saying that the fan runs at the same speed,when the car is hot does it not turn faster?

yes, if i faster go car the fann run faster if i slow run car the fan run slow. Buth the car is in P or N , and in street more cars i muss wait....Then begin temperatur up to 100~120 C :( I will of the car ,and wait...

p.s I have changed FAN CLUTCH to new and ORIGINAL!!!!
you avatar is flag from chernia -yugoslavia-bosnia =)

p.s I have changed FAN CLUTCH to new and ORIGINAL!!!!
you avatar is flag from chernia -yugoslavia-bosnia =)

My avatar is the flag of Albania and if there`s anyone we don`t like,it`s Serbs

My avatar is the flag of Albania and if there`s anyone we don`t like,it`s Serbs

A do të më ndihmoni me këtë problem?

okey i have writed ühat i have changed. what can this problem, how i can fix this problem, any ideas?

normal operating temperature should not be below 80c! The fan should activate around 100-105c then should switch off at 95c. Driving on the highway at speed should be around 85-90c, with a good cooling system. Are you saying the fans don't shut down even when below 90c?? New fan, new radiator and antifreeze but not thermostat?? Start by replacing the Thermostat and see from there.

Welcome to the forum!

Last edited:
normal operating temperature should not below 80c! The fan should activate around 100-105c then should switch off at 95c. Driving on the highway at speed should be around 85-90c, with a good cooling system. Are you saying the fans don't shut down even when below 90c?? New fan, new radiator and antifreeze but not thermostat?? Start by replacing the Thermostat and see from there.

Welcome to the forum!

Hello. Thanks bro.
Yes the fan will run everytime.!!! If car started the fan begin run...
I have changed FAN CLUTCH to new and ORIGINAL!!!!
Buth this me no help :(

35a24fa5a280.jpg

You must have an antifreeze/water 50%/50% mixture as coolant in the system NOT 100% ANTIFREEZE! Water has higher cooling capacity than neat antifreeze so if you run conc 100% antifreeze as coolant engine will run hot??

You must have an antifreeze/water 50%/50% mixture as coolant in the system NOT 100% ANTIFREEZE! Water has higher cooling capacity than neat antifreeze so if you run conc 100% antifreeze as coolant engine will run hot??

if 50/50 water anwtreze then will engien broken :( my zylynder head i have for this changed :(

In my car have 1 fan!
if i start the engine this fan will only run! no stop will fan,.

fad28c277314.jpg

in engine is all changed only termostad and wather pump, this change? will me help to changing this?
and is normal teh fan only run?

The correct coolant mix recommended by Mercedes Benz is half water half antifreeze no deviation. If your coolant is 100% antifreeze at present then drain half off and replace half with water. Its unlikely to have damaged the engine. You might have to renew the thermostat but try it and see.
here is a link to the official MB workshop manual for your car on the internet. W124 MBCI - MERCEDES-BENZ BOXER CLUB INDONESIA (W124 MBCI)

there are 2 CDs the engine details are on CD1 use the " buttons" to navigate to your model. good luck.

As far as the fan clutch is concerned it should normally "freewheel" along with the engine but it is not "powered" [ viscous clutch not engaged] and can be stopped with a soft object such as a carrot [ a long soft root vegetable] no joke ! If the fan is powered [ clutch engaged] it will "cut" the carrot this will happen correctly when the radiator is very hot. Do this test--- if the clutch is always powered [viscous coupling engaged] and always cuts the carrot even when the engine is cold it is faulty. --- new clutches can be faulty if they are stored horizontally=flat before fitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom