Hello from Brighton Uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Matteasteal

Car
CLS CLC E220
Hi
Currently have x3 Merc’s in the household
E220 / clc and as of 2 wwwks ago a CLS

I also compete in Motorsport - Sprints and speed trials in my 1970 Mini Cooper S Goodwood is my next scheduled event - The Bailey Sprint.

I love 2 wheels too and have a 1962 BSA Rocket Gold Star 650cc

Finally a 1982 VW Camper into which I have transplanted a Subaru Impreza engine

Though retired I am a car mechanic x2 or so days a week at a friends

Looking forward to enjoying my Merc’s with this fine community of owners who care for and appreciate engineering excellence

Matt

Hello and welcome . Living in Brighton where do you park them all ?! :) My mother in law used to live in Hove and my brother in law lives in Brighton every visit was/is a game of 'musical cars' juggling them around for parking space .

Like the Subaru engine thing , my brother had one with a Toyota HiLux engine in the back...not quite the same , but much better than what was in there before it.

Hello and welcome . Living in Brighton where do you park them all ?! :) My mother in law used to live in Hove and my brother in law lives in Brighton every visit was/is a game of 'musical cars' juggling them around for parking space .

Like the Subaru engine thing , my brother had one with a Toyota HiLux engine in the back...not quite the same , but much better than what was in there before it.
Hi Pete
I migrated to the outskirts nr Ovingdean/Rottingdean - to accommodate my collection - I forgot to mention my other vehicle is a Pure Air electric scooter (controversial I know !! ) but it’s liberating and makes city travel a pleasure-

Thanks all for the warm welcome - I look forward to sharing and contributing to the forum.

Although as a mechanic in a local garage I work on all sorts of and marques of car with diagnostics and general repair procedures- there is no substitute for make and model specific knowledge.

Enjoying my new (to me) CLS - it’s a facelift 2011 and packed full of optional features - I am ploughing through the owners manual to get the most from its facilities like command - linguatronic etc …. I just installed a media interface Bluetooth adapter so I can enjoy my Spotify playlists from my phone and for a cheap Amazon prime unit it works great

Welcome and more details and photos on the camper / i love that. I always had a soft spot for a beetle with a transplant.
😎

Hi

I am rubbish with media but it’s a 1982 T25 Devon conversion with a subaru 2.0 flat 4 engine

The photos I have are too large to upload - I am better with spanners than I am tech but suffice to say it flies for a camper and has surprised a few aggressive drivers on the road who try to bully me en route to Cornwall camping trips 😄

I resisted the urge to give any external clues of what is under the hood except for a pair of exhaust as I made the system from a fast Ford focus ST

You will probably now the guy I bought my c63 from he also racers classic mini's he owns play mini Horsham called nick ,very nice guy

Thanks - enjoying my new addition to my “fleet “ and off to an auto jumblesouth of en gland show ground at Ardingly Later on today.

Hey Matt, I'm in Saltdean so just down the road from you! Hi and welcome!
Think I have seen your car around

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom