Hello from Italy/USA

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChefLupo

Car
Hi everyone,
I'm an American living in Italy. Life-long gearhead and auto enthusiast. Looking to buy a used Mercedes estate for long distance commutes and a little fun here and there. I've traveled through the UK a little with work/studies/leisure. My previous vehicles include: 2001 Ford Ranger 3.0 V6, 2013 Mercedes R172 SLK AMG, 02 Beetle Turbo S w a boosted Porsche flat six, 90 LX Fox body mustang 5.0, 99 Jeep Cherokee, etc. etc. I'm looking forward to meeting people here and exchanging ideas, experience & so forth.

Thanks,
Chef

Last edited:
Welcome!

what was the beetle like? I would have loved a flat six beetle ....👍
It was fun, but you didn't really drive it per se - you kind of aimed it in the direction you wanted to go and fired it like a gun. Forged engine kit, ridiculous big Borg Warner turbocharger, stand alone fuel management, reinforced rear end and transmission with a 6 speed manual. I bought it from a retired Porsche engineer. It was his pre-retirement project and later on health forced the sale. It was fun but someone else wanted it more than I did so I let it go and eventually bought a R172 SLK AMG which was an immediate favorite, right solid and fun car that was surprisingly easy to work on.

Welcome. :) 👍

Welcome aboard. Some interesting vehicles in the collection there..

Cheers,

Gaz

Welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom