Hello from Lancashire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paradroid

Car
2020 C300 Coupe (W205)
Hi all, hope you're all doing great.

I've just got a 2020 C300 Coupe. It's my first Mercedes actually. Had 3 BMWs, but the last one was involved in accident at the start of last year and I got an E-class convertible as a courtesy car so you can see how I've ended up here! Plus I'm really not a fan of the latest BMW styling efforts.

Had a great time on the forum already reading the detailing forum. Bit expensive though, already been talked into a big boi 😄

Attachments

• Mercedes Coupe.jpg
    Mercedes Coupe.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 11
Hi and welcome 👍enjoy your car. My one and only bmw was a 6 series 3.5 ltr,the first car to push me back in the seat!😁😃

Thanks! Just about to part ways with an M140i, that is quick too, like your 6er. BMW do make some absolutely fantastic engines.

Loving the Coupe though, feels special and it goes well too, not ballistic but plenty quick enough really.

Plans for the car are:

1. Biggest issue is the paintwork, covered in contaminants and feels very rough. I let the dealers supagard it hoping it would be delivered mint but the supagard made things worse so I got a refund on that. Going to clay bar it and then decide whether it needs to go to a detailer.

2. Considering the 19" D-spoke alloys, I really like those and the 18" looks a bit small at the rear of the car where it's quite chunky.

3. Styling - Possibly de-chrome the window surrounds and add the C43-style lip spoiler, but I can't decide if I prefer it as-is.

Hi enjoy your car looks smart as for BMW never again (M3 e93)😀

Welcome from Preston!

Nice car! I’m only down the road in Preston. If you join the Mercedes club £45 a year, you’ll get a discount on parts and hopefully servicing. I know Dave in the parts dept, and his mrs knows mine, I’ll put in a good word for you.
There’s also a couple of locals on here, so hopefully sort a mini meet.😀

Nice car! I’m only down the road in Preston. If you join the Mercedes club £45 a year, you’ll get a discount on parts and hopefully servicing. I know Dave in the parts dept, and his mrs knows mine, I’ll put in a good word for you.
There’s also a couple of locals on here, so hopefully sort a mini meet.😀
And if you need an Indy, Steve at CVM (Pitman Court near Preston Asda) is MB time served and an all round good guy!

Haha, I’m booked in there! When it comes out it’s off to me for its service b minus the brake fluid change which is being done by cvm. I intend talking to the service manager about a discount on servicing, so if I get one, and I will be persuasive, I’ll let you know

Amazing, thanks for all the tips and help, and great to hear there's a few of us round Preston, look forward to meeting up soon.

👍👍

I know Dave in the parts dept, and his mrs knows mine, I’ll put in a good word for you.
Is this at Marshalls Preston Athey? I did try to buy from there but they couldn't find me the car I wanted, seem like good dealers though.

Either way thanks I really appreciate it!!

Last edited:
Yes it’s marshalls. Tim in parts is desperate to see the car. Going in later to pick up a couple of bits before the car goes in.
Must admit I’m looking forward to driving it again, as it’s been sat in the garage for almost 20 months now, and after what I went through last year it’s time to start living again.

Yes it’s marshalls. Tim in parts is desperate to see the car. Going in later to pick up a couple of bits before the car goes in.
Must admit I’m looking forward to driving it again, as it’s been sat in the garage for almost 20 months now, and after what I went through last year it’s time to start living again.
Sorry to hear you've had what sounds like a very tough time, enjoy getting back in the car, c63 right? Stunning.

There’s a thread on what happened, and here’s a pic

Attachments

• 200F9AFA-AFEB-4C12-ACDC-237DFCF3E5F6.jpeg
    200F9AFA-AFEB-4C12-ACDC-237DFCF3E5F6.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 8
Great place Chorley is Paradroid. 2 of the offspring live there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom