Hello from new CL500 owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigJock2005

Car
CL500
Hello Guys

I have entered the world of MB through buying one of those ridiculously big motors - a CL500. It was a moment of madness as I fell in love with it very shortly after having a go in it. A friend was selling it because of a "funny noise" so I researched the common problems, took a risk and I got it for an excellent price - I just need to fix the funny noise now (more about that in another forum).

She has 74k on the clock and at the moment no alarms or lights. MB service up to 60k and an independent MB after that.

First impressions are of an awesome car. The mid-range pickup is just unbelievable, and she is absolutely silent when cruising... really impressive. I really do have a big smile driving this baby around!

I am a bit concerned about reliability, but she is my second car, and I have an ultra-reliable Land Rover (hahaha) if she does let me down. Scouring the forums and learning about the common problems is my new hobby.

It's actually my second Merc, as I had a T-plate (the first time round) vintage 200 petrol around 10 years ago, but had to let her die after there just wasn't enough metal left on the chassis to weld!

I am a regular on the Land Rover forums, with problems and sharing experience, and hope you guys are as friendly and helpful as they all are!

Stories to follow I am sure...

All the best!
Jock

Hello Jock and welcome to the forum

Hi & welcome, everybody needs a 5 litre V8 in their life :)

Didn't see a year/plate mentioned ... which type of CL is yours - W140, W215?

Hello Jock
Welcome to the Forum :thumb:

Hi and Welcome:)

Hello Jock and a very warm welcome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom