Hello from new member!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjcapri

Hiya everyone,

Just a quick introduction. You'll probably guess by my username that I have a soft spot for a particular Ford coupe, but I like Mercs too! The only one I've had though was a 1988 300CE which I sold a while back having only had it a couple of months.
Anyway, the main purpose of my visit was to get a bit of help from you guys with choosing another Mercedes.

I've recently moved into the city (Newcastle - don't mention football lol) and no longer need a car, not for everyday use anyway. I'd like one however, firstly for a hobby and secondly for the occasional long journey to visit family.

The flat where I live has an underground carpark where the car will spend a lot of it's time so whatever I buy will be kept safe and dry.
But I really don't know what model to go for!

I've a budget of around 2K, I have to watch insurance costs as I'm not 25 until January, but due to the use the car will get I'm not too bothered about economy. I do prefer manuals, but as well as the 300CE I also had a Scorpio (sorry if thats a naughty word....) with an autobox and can live with them.
You might also want to know I'm pretty decent mechanically, having been an HGV fitter until a couple of months ago when I decided to take the plunge and do a degree!

So, I 'd be grateful for your thoughts, and any specific buying advice you may want to share. And no, I couldn't just drive a Punto!!!!

Thanks again,

Mark.

Hi and Welcome.

Good news is that its a buyers market out there, and there must be W202s changing hands in that price range, 6 clyinder ones too :D or a clean W124 E300-24 must be in reach.

Yes........nice cars the Capri. I always rather fancied one.....

And I mean the PROPER Capri. Not the pale imitation that came later.........

BTW.........WELCOME ! ! ! ! !

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom