Hello from new motor home owner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jaytee

Car
Autosleeper Sprinter based Motor Home
Hi All,

Well, I have entered the world of Mercedes ownership and so far it is 'great'. Spent more on a vehicle second only to a house so am still in a bit of shock. It's an Autosleeper Coach built on a 2013 Sprinter chassis within auto box. Flipping great to drive especially as my 'other' car is a 21 year old Landrover Defender. Bit sad really when 3.8 tonnes of motor home is quicker than my car :doh:

Finding the world of Sprinter ownership a bit daunting as it seems almost impossible to find info such as maintenance manuals, Haynes books of lies etc so feel a bit remote from it. Almost like it doesn't belong to me I have just borrowed it. I am an aircraft engineer and used to doing all my own maintenance and having manuals to refer to. I am so sad I even torque load everything, habit I suppose. But this beast is wierd as I have no information and feel lost. For example I want to do an oil change but even finding the correct oil spec or are there any 'catchers' to watch out for type info seems impossible to find. Yes, found all the tech sheet thingamajigs but even they confuse. Ha ha.
Anyway, just love the truck and am sure I will gain loads of help from this forum. As I do from Landrover ones. Looking forward to being a part of this community.
All the best John aka Jaytee :thumb:

We aspire to something like that! However, Big Gertie our 1991 Autosleeper Talisman GL is wonderful! :bannana:

Thanks for the welcome all.
Yes, the World awaits, just got to try and cram it all in ha ha.
Talismans a good motor :thumb: a lot on the Autosleeper forum.

Thanks for the welcome all.
Yes, the World awaits, just got to try and cram it all in ha ha.
Talismans a good motor :thumb: a lot on the Autosleeper forum.

Some pics would be cool

We like the power of sitting at 49mph on a windy road, then speeding up on the straight bits :devil:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom