Hello from newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alan M

Car
SL320 V6, 1978 VW Camper
Hi,

Just wanted to say a quick hello. I bought my first MB a couple of months ago, a 2000 SL320 which has been a bit of a dream car for a good few years.
It's not been plain sailing with it so far though with it having a few problems. But in spite of this I am really enjoying driving it and getting to know it.

I am sure I will asking many a question, but also hope that as I get to know it I can offer some advise as I have done on other motoring forums. I generally do all my own repairs and diagnostic work, but as I am new to Mercs I know I have a fair bit to learn. To help with this I have sourced a genuine Carsoft multiplexor from a garage that had no further use for it. I have also just had it converted to lpg (possibly a contentious decision:D). This is an area I do have some previous knowledge of as now on 5th lpg car.

So far have had new brake booster, replaced MAF, service including plugs, repair wiring for 3rd brake light.

Any way a little picture of the car

DSCF2438.jpg

Welcome :)

Now all you need is a sticker and a polo shirt.

(nice hedge also!)

Looks a real peach.

I'm trying to remember if I've seen that one up for sale in the past 6 months or not (I've been combing the classieds for SL's) Its an unusual colour which is why I seem to remember it.

What teething problems have you been experiencing?

Welcome, nice to see another fellow 129 owner:)

But only with half the engine of yours:D

I did have a B*W 750 with the V12 - and got to say there is something very nice about a V12.

Looks a real peach.

I'm trying to remember if I've seen that one up for sale in the past 6 months or not (I've been combing the classieds for SL's) Its an unusual colour which is why I seem to remember it.

It was the colour that attracted me - a little different from the usual black, blue and silver ones, together with the pano roof, memory seats, xenons and interior colour. It was also a 2 owner with the last guy owning it since it was 18 months old.

The problems have been the brake booster and MAF. It will also need new pads and discs soon. The ac also doesn't work - needs new condenser, but as I rarely have the roof up don't really miss it.

Looks a real peach.

Wasn't that an SL60 AMG with designo interior? That was the same green colour IIRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom