Hello from sunny Dorset! W202 Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
They are AMG Style I wheels, do yours have AMG written on them? from the pictures, they appear to be orignal.

The were an optional extra for the W202, normally fitted on the C36/C43.

I had them on my old W202.

Cheers for that, The look & dont appear like the usual cheap replicas & eBay specials but they dont say AMG on them either. But I've yet to take the wheels off to see whats written on the back.

Nice car Jay, always liked the Sport pack versions, has it got the sportier steering wheel as well?

Angus

1st mod, get yourself an Avantgarde Grill around £60 from KMS parts/eBay etc

Ahhh! beat you to it! Will make a hell of a difference, I ordered one on friday & a H7 HID kit, just hope that doesnt effect the bulb failure warning light.

I had a look for Crystal front headlights but all seem to be for LHD cars or those awful looking Lexa*se/BMW Angel style headlights as I want to freshen up the look.

Angus: It does have the sportier wheel, feels nice, its grown on me as I didnt like the look of it at first.

bnzlow.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, I see you have been on CLUB202.COM, that car hasnt been lowered, the Amercian owner is terriblely overweight ;)

Where'd you get the HID kit from ?

Be interested to hear if you have a failure warning ..

Where'd you get the HID kit from ?

Be interested to hear if you have a failure warning ..

Bought a set from j_a_m performance on fleabay, most likely still going to be made in China but I didnt want to risk buying the dirt cheap kits from Hong Kong etc.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-HID-con...14&_trkparms=72:1299|66:3|65:12|39:1|240:1308

At least once I fit it & take comparison photos then we shall see if its worth recommending or a waste of money, so watch this space!

I have this very kit on watch at the moment , i was just having a bet with myself that you would have bought the same one ... and i won :)

I was thinking the same thing about the ones from Hong Kong , and thinking i'll buy a UK one !!

When you fit it , please can you report back ...

What colour did you go for ? 6000K ?

Yeah no worries, I'll most likely put up a little report, fitting info & photos or a thread even, if one doesnt already exist on here to see the difference, if they are any better or worth the money.

I went for the 8000k kit, the higher up the scale you go the bluer/purple the colour gets but the less light you get from it, so really the 4000 - 5000k are best if you want best light penetration or do alot more country side driving.

Last edited:
I honestly dont know, I can always pop it into my garage & see how it lines up or its its too dazzling, if its not mot-able it'll be a case of just putting the original bulbs in. Not got the kit yet but it seems like a plug & play affair.

Welcome Mr Benzin, I wish to be associated with the comments of the previous posts expressing admiration for your nice vehicle.

You put those HID's in yet ? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom